shonB

SQ2200 Has anyone ever had a problem with theirs?

What does everyone think about the soundqubed 2200? Has anyone ever had an issue with one?

Edited by shonB

Don't know if they changed at all when they made the switch to SQ, but I'm running an AQ2200 and it's a beast. .5 daily with no issues and it packs a punch for such a small footprint. Great amps.

If people had issues with them it was more than likely user error so how does that help you. And if it was defected or DOA from the company im sure they take care of their customers. Great amps for the money.

Its electronics, so yes some people are going to have issues (just the nature of the industry).

Thanks phatboi.... I believe the only thing that has changed on them is the logo... i ordered the amp and a hdc 3 15 d2... as soon as the amp got remote power, it smoked... i double checked my wiring and am positive that it wasn't an error on my part... i removed a working amp and put the SQ in its place... also the amp for the highs that gets its power from the same distribution block is fine... i spoke with customer service and told them i didn't really want that amp back, as it never worked right in the first place. they told me they would only repair the amp. not only did i have to pay for return shipping, now they have sent me an email saying i have to pay 120 to get the amp repaired... so now i have 575 in a $400 amp.... is this a standard practice? The sub is a monster and i read all the good reviews about AQ and SQ but my first experience with them is turning into a nightmare....

Edited by shonB

I ran a aq2200 forever and never had a single issue with it. I bought it from a dude off craigslist for $250 and had it for around 2 years ran @ 1 ohm. I beat the crap out of it. didnt have good electric and clipped the hell out of it. never got hot or shut off. the guy I traded to still has it and still works great. I wouldn't think twice about getting another even if the company changed their name.

okay... thanks... im hoping i can get past all this without a sour taste in my mouth and get the same results as everyone else... i am waiting on a call from them... any input on this amp is appreciated... thanks again guys!

Edited by shonB

We have not had a customer with an issue with any SoundQubed amplifiers. :)

My only experience was with one that had one of the capacitors break off. I bought it from the guy that happened to, repaired it and sold it to Porkchop. Dunno if he's still using it or not but it seemed like a solid amp.

On a side note, where are you at in southern Indiana?

if you didn't want the amp repaired why did you send it in?

if you didn't want the amp repaired why did you send it in?

Its not that he didnt want the amp repaired, obviously he feels the amp should be under warranty and it was a defect more than a user error. So why should he have to pay for the repair? Hope that makes sense.

im in 47591... jaycee is correct... i hoped if they determined it was a defect they would replace... so it was quite a shock when i received the email saying i have to pay for the repair... im starting to regret my decision to go with SQ... i cant find another issue anyone has had with them... they were supposed to call me today according to an email i received... they never called...

http://rma.soundqubed.com/1984

here is the link for the amp repair needed... you can also lower the last number to see previous returns... they have had several issues with their amps but how many do they sell? a shitload im guessing... i dont agree with the pictures they post of the bill of sale telling any would be thief the name and address of people who have purchased equipment which is most likely in their car... mines not on there or i would throw a fit about that... now i just want my amp back so i can test the hdc3!

Edited by shonB

Vincennes?!! Awesome! I'm from Monroe City and Vinny, even graduated from LHS about a lifetime ago. It's great to finally get a REAL local member on here!

Lol... im from washington originally.... not too much word about AQ and SQ around here... i already bought another Hdc3 15 for a friend who heard mine... plan on buying their 4 channel and 2 components if they make this right...

ages ago? like 1996? im too old for this shit! nah... that'll never happen!

LOL, close, 1997 actually. There's no such thing as too old, Alma Gates proved that.

Hell no, no one around here knows of SQ/AQ, Fi, Sundown, SSA, DSS, AA, or any other great and reputable brand that everyone else in the country knows about but these backwater rednecks, lol.

I'd love to check out your HDC sometime. I got to hear one a few years ago at the VU car show and it wasn't bad at all. Maybe I can show you what the Q's can do as well.

well.... i gotta get some watts to it first but sounds good to me... sent u a pm...

Zak from SQ called this morning... apologized for the confusing email insinuating i would be charged for the repair and said it was a manufacturing defect covered under warranty...will have it back next week.... looking forward to that!

Edited by shonB

Zak kicks butt.

Zak kicks butt.

true story. he knows kung fu

Thanks phatboi.... I believe the only thing that has changed on them is the logo... i ordered the amp and a hdc 3 15 d2... as soon as the amp got remote power, it smoked... i double checked my wiring and am positive that it wasn't an error on my part... i removed a working amp and put the SQ in its place... also the amp for the highs that gets its power from the same distribution block is fine... i spoke with customer service and told them i didn't really want that amp back, as it never worked right in the first place. they told me they would only repair the amp. not only did i have to pay for return shipping, now they have sent me an email saying i have to pay 120 to get the amp repaired... so now i have 575 in a $400 amp.... is this a standard practice? The sub is a monster and i read all the good reviews about AQ and SQ but my first experience with them is turning into a nightmare....

shonB,

Thanks for updating this! We go over all product that comes back with a fine tooth comb. We aren't here ring you for every dime you have. We have built a very strong relationship with our customers and pride ourselves on our customer service, tech, and service department.

here is the link for the amp repair needed... you can also lower the last number to see previous returns... they have had several issues with their amps but how many do they sell? a shitload im guessing... i dont agree with the pictures they post of the bill of sale telling any would be thief the name and address of people who have purchased equipment which is most likely in their car... mines not on there or i would throw a fit about that... now i just want my amp back so i can test the hdc3!

I will talk to our developers about this and have it fixed promptly.

Edited by SoundQubed

I used a older aq2200d to power two 15" Fi ssd fully loaded subs and it did 148.6 db on termlab.

Edited by pmureika

shonB,

Thanks for updating this! We go over all product that comes back with a fine tooth comb. We aren't here ring you for every dime you have. We have built a very strong relationship with our customers and pride ourselves on our customer service, tech, and service department.

I will talk to our developers about this and have it fixed promptly.

I have dealt with you on another issue that was caused by user error and you proved that you arent just in it to make money. Any reservations I had about Soundqubed have been resolved. The product is quality and the price is right. I will finish out my system with SQ and recommend them to anyone that asks... and i've had quite a few already!!!slayer.gif Thanks guys!!!ready2go.gif