shonB

What db range am i looking at?

I understand that the amount of decibels you are able to achieve is totally dependant on install. I was wondering if anyone would care to guess or offer a range of where i might be with my setup. I have a 2004 blazer with stock alternator and battery. Should be 105 amp alt... I have 1/0 gauge Kicker wire running to the back. I have done the big 3. I'm waiting on a SQ2200. It will be pushing a HDC3 15 copper D2 at 1ohm in a 3/4" dual baffle mdf box with 5.29 net tuned at 35.79 hertz according to torres. Any guesses? I have a Kenwood ddx371 head unit and a kenwood four channel pushing 4 kenwood 6.5's as of right now. I plan on going SQ with the mids and highs too very soon. How much more will i need to do to the electrical to give the SQ2200 what it wants? battery? alt? any info would be appreciated!!!

Edited by shonB

Start by at least putting an Xs3400 or equivalent up front & what size hdc3 will you be using

Edited by JCBULLET

it will be a 15"... will edit the first post... not a yellow top?

it will be a 15"... will edit the first post... not a yellow top?

i have a yellowtop and a singer 250 running a 12 zcon on a bc3500 and no big 3. im not sure if im going to upgrade any further I get no voltage drop and lights dont dim at all... yellowtops arent the best batteries you can get or anything if I were going to buy a new one I would buy a sears diehard platinum. for the price they are pretty damn sweet. ive had 2 in my boat running my trolling motor for a little over 2 years now and they are still going strong

Yellow top might work, but you will know when everything is installed. Also invest in a voltage meter and keep an eye on your voltage. Now for numbers I can only give you a few examples: I ran a hdc3 15 couple months ago off my m3b @ .5 hitting a 146.2 in my Grandprix and good friend of mine is currently running two hdc3 10's of a Dc 5k hitting a 152.5 in his blazer:) Just a friendly heads up.. that box is going to be way too big with that much power

The enclosure will make a big difference but I don't see why you couldn't be in the mid 40s

The enclosure will make a big difference but I don't see why you couldn't be in the mid 40s

^^ agreed, but 5.29 net is still to big.. Edited by JCBULLET

really? everything i read said the subs like huge boxes... i can build another if i dont like it... or preferably build another box for 2 subs! 152 on sum 10s sounds nice... thanx for the info guys!

Edited by shonB

I would say a 144

id be happy with that considering the price...

id be happy with that considering the price...

really? everything i read said the subs like huge boxes... i can build another if i dont like it... or preferably build another box for 2 subs! 152 on sum 10s sounds nice... thanx for the info guys!

low power / bigger enclosure, high power / smaller enclosure and you my friend will have a decent amount of power on tap for that copper 15..

Edited by JCBULLET

I would say a 144

^^ easily

ive heard the amps will run .5 daily...

Yup, but will not last long without decent electrical..

low power / bigger enclosure, high power / smaller enclosure and you my friend will have a decent amount of power on tap for that copper 15..

obviously the bigger box is more efficient, but which setup would be the loudest or get more spl?

obviously the bigger box is more efficient, but which setup would be the loudest or get more spl?

I wouldn't really say that. . . . And really noone will be able to tell you what will be the "best" . And people who have said certain things will be the "best" for you. You probably shouldn't listen to them......... there is just so many things that can make differences. ................. and do you really mean you want your system aimed toward spl or are you wanting to be "LOUD" because there is a pretty big difference to being loud to the ear and loud on the meter. . .

low power / bigger enclosure, chigh power / smaller enclosure and you my friend will have a decent amount of power on tap for that copper 15..

..try 3.75

..try 3.75 tuned 36-38hz

A larger box does not mean more efficient. a larger box will give you a bigger peak at your tuning. You can model it in WinIsd and see for yourself.

A larger box does not mean more efficient. a larger box will give you a bigger peak at your tuning. You can model it in WinIsd and see for yourself.

^^agreed

I didn't read the first post but........ 

I can guarantee over a 130db !!!!! 

low power / bigger enclosure, chigh power / smaller enclosure and you my friend will have a decent amount of power on tap for that copper 15..

..try 3.75

..try 3.75 tuned 36-38hz

thats kinda what i did.... added another sub and built a box that ended up being 6.9 net @ 38... very happy with it!!!!

I wouldn't really say that. . . . And really noone will be able to tell you what will be the "best" . And people who have said certain things will be the "best" for you. You probably shouldn't listen to them......... there is just so many things that can make differences. ................. and do you really mean you want your system aimed toward spl or are you wanting to be "LOUD" because there is a pretty big difference to being loud to the ear and loud on the meter. . .

i get what you are saying.... its daily so i mean loud to the ear....

That's Great!! I know for a fact you will be hitting a 145db+ easy:) AQ/sq is a "GREAT" company with next to ZERO wait time on subs/"recones" ect..

i hit a 143 with my sealed xcon on my t1000...shouldnt be any prob for you to do 144+