Sign in to follow this  
nadcicle

nadcicle's 97 Suburban rebuild

Holy hell! You got Senchez to do something??!!

Lol, yah. If it weren't for him I would of had a catastrophic failure from one of the major components. Luckily he seen it early and I was able to remedy it. At this point I'd rather not say what it was out of respect to the maker. I'll leave it up to the close-minded to assume its my horrible CT-Sounds amps for now.
Over look on my part bring stingy with the glue. Spent all day today addressing the situation. If any of the other spider packs delaminate let me know and I'll send out recones.

Thanks Q, I'm making sure before I make the final mount tomorrow. I'll beat them at slam and remove them and inspect again before the next show June Jams in Lebanon TN the week after. I have plenty of CA glue and accelerant in case any others have this same issue. My eyes are tired and I would have missed it if not for Senchez. We hope to get DSS the recognition it deserves even if it's two completely different build styles.

Got port area?

Right at 56.5 per sub and the things want 75. While not impossible it was improbable to run the length needed for a proper tune lol. I'll likely have some Lolo's in there if these do well in testing.

looking good, I should be at slam so maybe I can hear this thing play

Another little update. I always tend to overlook all the small details that i've done, but I do take pics of most of the finishing to the small projects leading up to the completion.

So here we have Senchez and I doing our best to get these things playing by any means necessary.

IMG_20140608_1701261_zps8b86d579.jpg

Bracing a little bit.

IMG_20140608_1701581_zps10c0ddfb.jpg

Little bit of ass showing.

IMG_20140608_1704291_zps43a82ed4.jpg

Subs mounted.

IMG_20140608_1750511_zps593dd38f.jpg

So we got a little play with all 4 tonight at 2 ohms. Doesn't seem peaky at least. 

IMG_20140608_2145061_zps51923247.jpg

So I'll be building a second shelf and mounting my second amp on another shelf along with my mids/highs amp soon. More to come.

Very nice!

So loud!!!

Cool! 

Preliminary numbers

IMG_20140609_220144_zpsioc22xkq.jpg

awesome score!!!

Hey, look. DSS Ethos got an award at Slamology. goyou.gif 

IMG_20140616_1918421_zps5366b797.jpg

Test fit.

IMG_20140628_093222_zps1g5kh8kj.jpg

Looks like rocket boosters.  i love it!  Congrat on the Show hardware too.

Looks like rocket boosters.  i love it!  Congrat on the Show hardware too.

In a way they sorta ARE rocket boosters! :D

Very nice

What was the trophy for?

2nd place in dbDrag 4000watt limit class.

Little more work on the truck today. Put this off for far too long IMO.

20140704_1315561_zpsda7f1abd.jpg

20140704_1316231_zpsd53043ce.jpg

20140704_1429511_zps8d817f2c.jpg

I spy horns :woot:

Kinda tossing up the idea of using the mids from my Image Dynamic cxs 64's vs my USD audio mids. On one hand the ID's mid's are some of the tightest hitting midrange's i've heard, but I feel they become lackluster with sheer output. The USD's are more of a boomy midbass that just hammer my doors all around and just keep taking power, but require a bit more finessing with the tuning. Oh, and they look like crap from repairs. They will be hiding behind the doors anyways and I feel i've kind of talked myself in to it. I can always resell the ID's later I guess.

Woot

Well, hooked up and sounding great with the USD mids. 

Tuning will never be done, but I got it started for now.

Well, decided against the second shelf and am going to grab a crossflow fan for cooling. Running gain matched and ready for some shows this weekend.

20140712_091226_zpsn7ebk1rl.jpg

How are those doors coming alone

How are those doors coming alone

Just finished my last set of rings last week and forgot to mention I ran in to some rules in my organization that stipulates that I cannot run legally with unfinished doors. Well, I'd be working on the doors by myself and just might have an incident or 2 where i'd of had issues with this rule.

So, I contacted the commisioner and asked for suggestions. He stated that as long as I cover the door with any material whether it is paint, carpet, vinyl and have the holes filled with speakers, carpet, or vinyl then i can still do my SPL, park and pound, and duelling demo runs without issue. The build shall commence extremely soon as I am ready to get these front doors rocking now.

Took a first in duelling demos street today with absolutely no intention of winning with a 20 year old set of USD audio mids and set of Eric Steven horns so I'm doing something right according to the votes.