Sign in to follow this  
nadcicle

nadcicle's 97 Suburban rebuild

Good stuff

Thanks man, I'm reppin the Ethos hard here. Got your stickers on the truck as well as I kept getting asked all the time what I was running. Today was a disaster for me with a mixture of the heat getting to me and stupidity. First I find out I have a sub channel not working on my burp deck so I started removing rca's to swap them out only to find out that my Memphis/Pac-Lc1 variant input pulled right out in to the rcas (the thing was broken!). So I go ahead and run it straight to the deck and go do my run. I go up and do my run and was getting pissed because with 2 4k's I was only doing right at a 50.2db! I was disappointed and pulled back in the shade to find out that I still had it faded to the right from testing earlier. So yah, I'm an idiot :( 2 subs and 4k @ 1ohm = 150.2db. I took all the time to work on the amps and only tested on the daily deck before the show. Now I gotta order a couple more LC1's

Will be back having more fun in the dbDrag lanes with Sencheezy and Swift this Saturday coming I hope.

The LC1 has uber shitty RCA ends. I always tape them up to keep the rcas from falling out.

I've been slacking bad on getting stickers and stuff out. I nearly have all drivers shipped out do in gonna work in that this week.

All good man, I know between all of us slamming it out at the shows your brand is spreading like wildfire. I just like to know that we are some of the first that got the opportunity to have the first feedback from the outside world between showings, demos, and video reviews. I can only say that it'll only grow from here.

I really honestly didn't want to do much advertising myself until y'all pounded on them for a year or so. I firmly believe in Murphy's law I wanted to make sure all was good first.

I really honestly didn't want to do much advertising myself until y'all pounded on them for a year or so. I firmly believe in Murphy's law I wanted to make sure all was good first.

I really appreciate that too. Well, you will get another update this weekend cause I will be pulling them all out to assess any wear and tear on the landings and suspension as a whole. Got plans to cover my enclosure to pretty things up a bit. Oh, and I gotta install those flares, do some inside painting, and a little more bracing too. Senchez said he saw the enclosure flexing, but I didn't catch where he said it was from. The middle is improbable since I have a 2x4 mounted sideways going from the front to back on the baffle along with 2" dowels in between the subs. I stood on this box before I mounted the subs and didn't notice anything then, but I bet something worked its way loose. 

I spy DSS exposure :)

that song ?:/

Michael Jackson - Billie Jean

Michael Jackson - Billie Jean

Probably talking about the other one

no, I'm saying why did he play that song lol. 

Why not. I like it lol. . . . Probably what he thought sounded best in his car

Judging? How did your duelling demos go?

Judging? How did your duelling demos go?

You forget we play for the crowd and not just ourselves. My wife listens to more radio and knows songs better than I do so she picked it. The same can be said when she was doing duelling demos, hence why all her songs were from the 80's when listening to the radio was all we had for entertainment growing up.

lol just giving you shit, don't be so sentimental 

lol just giving you shit, don't be so sentimental

I will get sentimental cause you gave me shit at the show when you threw your arms in the air and said "wtf is this". I didn't plan on winning anything. Hell I didn't do any tuning at all. I just threw them in and have been focused on the sub stage.

I'll be sure to pick out some music for the next time. The other song I played wasn't too bad that night, but it isn't up yet.

If you wanna throw me some music that you think would win I'll play it.

Well apparently I don't know good songs either as I was 0 for 2

phuck that class lmao. 

Me and smiley talked about how they should incorporate an spl meter.

Maybe do an average of RTA and SPL, or i said how they do in FL, place a meter 6 feet away from your vehicle with highs only. 

Well apparently I don't know good songs either as I was 0 for 2

phuck that class lmao. 

Me and smiley talked about how they should incorporate an spl meter.

Maybe do an average of RTA and SPL, or i said how they do in FL, place a meter 6 feet away from your vehicle with highs only. 

They need to do something else because I hear all these people with straight up booty sounding stuff come and win because of bringing the most friends. 

I honestly believe it should be something that scores on highs and lows added up and divided by 2 for a running average. Then every crowd vote you get adds on to the points afterwards. So you can when without a single vote from the crowd as long as your system shows itself worthy. 

Sucky part is Dom would win a lot and people don't seem to like him lol. 

The beginning of the video you'll notice that DSS getting some recognition. Not sure why this one didn't get on the MECA site as it was for the win I thought, but feel free to get a look see.

Needs some more views on that puppy!

Just doing some cleaning up and decided to take a few pics. I had a door speaker come unplugged that provoked me to work all day yesterday.

20140726_1043351_zpsf9ee3e33.jpg

20140726_0949451_zpsdf86face.jpg

Still nice and shiny

20140726_0949001_zpsb017f58b.jpg

Yah, so screw it!

20140726_0948471_zpsb12dc53f.jpg

Well, long day, but I did get the box looking a bit better. Not done yet as I got some measuring and cutting left on the sides and floor. It will be pretty when done.

20140727_1441221_zpsb733d21c.jpg

usb noise meter is literally the most sophisticated full range high amplitude meter there is available.

So complex, there is no way someone is going to be able to test and test and test to tune to the meter, :)  
The whole point is not to be able to.  

Measures using stock algorithm, 16 points per second.  Good luck, :)

All my Android tablets at work. Test fitting my old iPad.

20140728_070318_zpsg0xaeexz.jpg