Berizzle352

Don't know what amp to buy for fully loaded fi bl 15

Don't know Wich amp would be best for me I have a fi bl 15 fully loaded with stock alternator big 3 upgrade and a extra Optima red top in the trunk looking to spend up to $700

I have a hifonics brx2400.1 right now and it is completely garbage I hate it with a passion

If it works, you should keep it !
What Coil config do you have ?

I have the dual 2 ohm subwoofer I hate the hifonics amp because it clips all the time it doesn't get as loud as it could without clipping

Have you measured the voltage at the amp's power terminals while it was giving you an issue?  I'm not particularly fond of Hifonics either, but considering the amount of overhead you have over the rated power of the sub you should easily run into limits on the sub before the limits of the amp.  What makes you think it's clipping?  

Measuring the voltage at the amp's terminals will show you for certain if it's a connection problem or not.  When troubleshooting an issue like this one seems to be just monitoring voltage at the batteries isn't enough.

I have not checked the voltage but I don't think that is the issue due to the fact that hifonics amps don't give out that clean of power and I know its clipping because I have the gain at about 40-50% and when I put the volume to about 45out of 62 the sub clips horrible like it's definitely noticeable you can hear it making a horrible noise and I know this sub can take every watt of this amp with ease. I know I get what I paid for but man did I make a mistake slacking on the amp because my friend has the same sub on a 1000 watt jl slash and it sounds soon much louder and cleaner I'm just undecided on Wich high end amp I should buy I just don't want to spend over 800 for the amp I am open to opinions but one thing I am for certain is hifonics is garbage

Crescendo bc2k

Sundown saz1500

Ppi amps

Incriminator ia20

Rockford 1500

Those are just a few that are of good quality. You don't need a big amp since you won't hear the difference really but if you can afford the next model up like a saz2500 then it'll give you headroom.

Those are all the amps I've been looking into but I was seeing if anyone had a preference or has heard them themselves and I probably will get the bigger ones due to possible upgrade in the future and I can keep the gain lower for better sound quality. Would anyone have hands on experience with these amps. And would I need to upgrade my altonator?

Doubt what you are experiencing is the amp. Don't like it, but an amp is pretty much an amp when operating in its appropriate zone. Yours isn't and that is the problem. Replacing it with something else will gain you nothing.

Reality check for you. If that amp only does 75% of rated power even going to 125% with another won't give you an audible gain. Replacing it is the last thing you should do, trouble shooting why it's acting like a bitch is the first.

So you are saying hifonics brutus amps should not clip and it's some other issue? It still works it just does not sound as good as I want and at high volumes it clips like crazy. And if I by a high end amp I wouldn't notice a difference? That sounds crazy

So you are saying hifonics brutus amps should not clip and it's some other issue? It still works it just does not sound as good as I want and at high volumes it clips like crazy. And if I by a high end amp I wouldn't notice a difference? That sounds crazy

Let me use a theoretical for you.

What I see you saying is that if I buy a 1000w amp to replace a 1000w amp it should be a huge difference. That is crazy. In particular when if you had a 750w amp and bought a 1000w you wouldn' hear a difference.

Your ears aren't all that sensitive to volume differences. Takes doubling of power to get you anywhere. That all being said, you have an installation problem you NEED to fix. There is something wrong.

Not saying your amp isn't a piece of crap, but don't go buy a new one to HEAR something different. Bassink linked all budget amps as well so it isn't like you are jumping up into uber quality. So seriously, fix the install and REALLY determine what is happening before spending money. Be rather stupid to do it any other way.

I spent 1700 dollars installing everything with a professional audio shop I have all jl audio 0 Guage for big three and ground and power an extra Optima red top and it is a very clean install the only problem I have is sound quality I don't want louder the only reason I would get a bigger amp is for future upgrade I just don't like the clipping at high volume and I know hifonics are not that great so what other issue would it be if it's not the amp what would it be

I'm not looking for a lot louder just better quality every thing works fine except at high volumes the amp can't put out the clean power I want it to I have jl audio c5 components and a jl audio hd amp for them so I can turn my volume up and it be crystal clear except the subwoofer I want to be able to turn my volume up high and it sound clean without clipping that would be the reason to replace the brutus brx2400.1 with something better

I spent 1700 dollars installing everything with a professional audio shop I have all jl audio 0 Guage for big three and ground and power an extra Optima red top and it is a very clean install the only problem I have is sound quality I don't want louder the only reason I would get a bigger amp is for future upgrade I just don't like the clipping at high volume and I know hifonics are not that great so what other issue would it be if it's not the amp what would it be

Shop sucks.

I have the dual 2 ohm subwoofer I hate the hifonics amp because it clips all the time it doesn't get as loud as it could without clipping

False statement.

I have not checked the voltage but I don't think that is the issue due to the fact that hifonics amps don't give out that clean of power and I know its clipping because I have the gain at about 40-50% and when I put the volume to about 45out of 62 the sub clips horrible like it's definitely noticeable you can hear it making a horrible noise and I know this sub can take every watt of this amp with ease. I know I get what I paid for but man did I make a mistake slacking on the amp because my friend has the same sub on a 1000 watt jl slash and it sounds soon much louder and cleaner I'm just undecided on Wich high end amp I should buy I just don't want to spend over 800 for the amp I am open to opinions but one thing I am for certain is hifonics is garbage

Again, thinking the amp doesn't give out "clean" power is pointless. Even if it only gives out 50% rated upgrading to something that does the rated power will be a barely audible difference.

Your friend with the JL amp has an install that isn't fucked.

How would you know the shop sucks I've only told you the subwoofer clips at high volumes on a shitty amp what could be the issue other than the amp?

How would you know the shop sucks I've only told you the subwoofer clips at high volumes on a shitty amp what could be the issue other than the amp?

Your analysis is wrong too.

Or at least you've now told us two different things. First it was the amplifier clipping now it is the sub.

You should figure out why you think it is clipping instead of just drawing the wrong conclusion.

Don't get me wrong, I'd never own a Hifonics but it isn't your problem and you won't gain anything buy jumping to one of the amps listed above. Not like they are in all that different of a league. It will not make an audible difference.

In case that isn't clear. If what you think you hear now is clipping and you replace the amp with even a $10,000 amp you will still hear the same "clipping".

Of course this all assumes your amp isn't blown, but both solutions lead to the shop not doing something right.

Better question, why do you think the shop didn't fuck it up? Please don't answer about the shop, but about what you know about YOUR install.

What other issue could determine my subwoofer at high volumes clipping the amp isn't blown it's not in protect when I turn it up at high volumes when hit hits it sounds like it is hitting something like a loud clapping noise only at high volumes what other issue could be in play?

If your amp is overheating it would shut off. Cheap amp or not they react the sans way to bad power. Check voltage at amp first before putting a new one in and damaging it

Distortion (which is what occurs when an amp clips) is REALLY hard to hear on a sub. Could be tons of things. I'd assume the installers did everything wrong and double check it all.

Ok so I will have voltages checked and if that is what the issue is would I need new alternator or what would be a fix for an issue such as that

If the voltage at the amps terminals is dropping badly then it's a connection issue.  Bad ground, bad fuse connection, loose connections, and the list goes on.  There's a bunch of things that can be wrong that can cause problems.  What about the enclosure?  If the sub is in the wrong enclosure you could be hearing the sub under mechanical stress and it have nothing to do with amp itself.  It could also be an issue with the signal source clipping before it even goes into the amp.

There's a ton of things that can cause issues like this.  Knowing HOW it all works, interacts and what the issues can be and what causes them is absolutely necessary if you're going to be running a high powered system IMO.  There's too many things that can go wrong and either cause these sorts of problems, or destroy equipment, or even worse take the vehicle with it.

I just left the car audio shop and my voltage is 14.3 ish and it does not drop and that is the voltage at the amp and the battery and my box is the specs on the fi forum site spec sheet so my box is in the recommended enclosure

Where is the gain on the amp? You say clipping at high volume sounding like loud clapping? That doesn't sound like clipping to me, sound like a sub issue (box or sub) I am assuming you have a pioneer head unit since you say the volume goes to 62? I would turn gain on amp all the way down, play the loudest bass song you have and crank it to around 52, then slowly turn gain on amp up until you hear a slight distortion and the back gain down until it's clean and leave it there.

Yes I have a pioneer deh-x9600bhs the gain is at about 50-60% so I will probably need to tune it better and I have the box that fi recommends on the forum and yes the sub makes a loud clapping sound so that could be a enclosure issue when the volume is high and it only does it on certain frequencies if my voltage is 14+ with no drop it shouldn't be any wiring issues so most likely box or amp problem and would getting a nicer amp not necessarily bigger be any benefit I have everything else high end except the amp I just want the best I can get out of the system cause I've put like 3 grand into everything lol and also how can I tell if it is an enclosure issue

Have you taken the sub out and verified it is wired correctly?