Berizzle352

Don't know what amp to buy for fully loaded fi bl 15

Yes it is wired to one ohm correctly the amp is one ohm stable but the fi bl dual 2 ohms actually read 1.7 ohns would that be an issue

Not the clapping sound no. If the port is too large and the sub is unloading into the port it could be bottoming out. Post a pic of the enclosure so we can see.

My brother kept thinking he blew his X18's and when I checked it out it was his side window flapping like crazy because it blew the seal around the window. lol  I would check everything out before buying a amp as it doesnt sound like a amp problem to me.

I've been reading a lot of forums today and I'm starting to think it isn't a amp issue also I am going to take a picture and post it on here the sub is fairly new I just got it installed about two and half weeks ago I am hoping I am not ruining the sub but I know the fi bl is a pretty beastly woofer

Yes it is wired to one ohm correctly the amp is one ohm stable but the fi bl dual 2 ohms actually read 1.7 ohns would that be an issue

"Brutus" amps can be ran @ .5 daily/.25 burps & are great amps for the price. You should have no issues with 1.7 :)

I just left the car audio shop and my voltage is 14.3 ish and it does not drop and that is the voltage at the amp and the battery and my box is the specs on the fi forum site spec sheet so my box is in the recommended enclosure

There is no way you only have one red top battery and big 3 for 2400 watt amp and your voltage stays at 14.3volts. Measure your voltage when system is playing to see how well your voltage is maintaining, if it dips bad then you need more electrical.

I still to this day dont understand why people dont install volt meters when installing a system over a 1000 watts, just baffles me.

Any good shop should just add in the 30 dollar volt meter and show someone what to watch for. Dont understand why shops Never do this. Guess thats why I do 100% of all my builds

It may be your box like others have stated and/or bad electrical.

Needs to be measured at your max playing volume. Also if the box is tuned to say 32hz then a typically it will draw most current well above or below tuning. A test tone of around 45hz playing and rolling volume up to your max listening volume would really show how strong your electrical is. But none of this matters since your voltage will not make the sub start making clapping noises.

I just left the car audio shop and my voltage is 14.3 ish and it does not drop and that is the voltage at the amp and the battery and my box is the specs on the fi forum site spec sheet so my box is in the recommended enclosure

There is no way you only have one red top battery and big 3 for 2400 watt amp and your voltage stays at 14.3volts. Measure your voltage when system is playing to see how well your voltage is maintaining, if it dips bad then you need more electrical.

I still to this day dont understand why people dont install volt meters when installing a system over a 1000 watts, just baffles me.

^^agreed

Needs to be measured at your max playing volume. Also if the box is tuned to say 32hz then a typically it will draw most current well above or below tuning. A test tone of around 45hz playing and rolling volume up to your max listening volume would really show how strong your electrical is. But none of this matters since your voltage will not make the sub start making clapping noises.

^^agreed

It did not go under 14 volts

:/

How do I put a picture on here

..try photobucket

How do you know the enclosure is to spec?  Have you measured it and done all the calculations?  Is the SSF (subsonic filter) set correctly on the amp?

Just because the shop "says" the box is to spec doesn't mean that it is.  As a matter of fact some shops will seldom build a custom enclosure to the specs a person asks for because it's a lot of trouble.  They just kind of build it close and call it good from most I've seen.  If they didn't build you a custom enclosure and it's in a pre-fab I can almost guarantee it's nowhere near the right specs.  On top of that if the SSF isn't set right and you're playing it below tuning (which is very easy in a pre-fab enclosure as most are tuned above 40hz) the sub could be unloading and causing that noise in that case.

People put alot of trust in shops. Ive never had a good experience with any shop around me.

Yea I didn't use any test tones just a song I thought hit hard at about 48 out of 62 volume I'm bot really worried about the voltage just might be my box

The owners of the shop have lived next door to me for 25 years I know them pretty well they worked at my house and the shop so I Knew what was being done the whole time

plus we had to build the box in the trunk because it was too big to fit in

Need pics.

How do you know the enclosure is to spec?  Have you measured it and done all the calculations?  Is the SSF (subsonic filter) set correctly on the amp?

Just because the shop "says" the box is to spec doesn't mean that it is.  As a matter of fact some shops will seldom build a custom enclosure to the specs a person asks for because it's a lot of trouble.  They just kind of build it close and call it good from most I've seen.  If they didn't build you a custom enclosure and it's in a pre-fab I can almost guarantee it's nowhere near the right specs.  On top of that if the SSF isn't set right and you're playing it below tuning (which is very easy in a pre-fab enclosure as most are tuned above 40hz) the sub could be unloading and causing that noise in that case.

^^agreed

Need pics.

..worthless w/o pics:/ Edited by JCBULLET

I couldn't figure out how to put photos and ive been at work all night I will post them tommorrow

Nice..