94F150

Sundown sa? in 1.50 cubic feet box

I was planing to build a box that's about 1.50 cubic feet tuned to 36hz that's all I have room for. But I don't know which sub I should get Sa-12 Sa-10 E12v2. My amp should do around 750rms clean. This is for a ext cab truck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The sa-10 would perform better in that box. Although it is still on the large side

The sa-10 would perform better in that box. Although it is still on the large side

Its not on the large side at all, Sundown recommends 1.25-1.5 cubic feet for the SA-10 in a ported enclosure.

Op go with the SA-10 and you should be set.

Is there any 12s that would sound good in that box? Would the same 10 be loud at 750rms?

It's hard to beat more cone area if used properly

The only 12'' I know that likes small boxes are the DSS Ethos, they take 1.5 cubic feet tuned to 32hz. I dont know if Quentin has any motors left but you can check out his section on this forum and pm/email him if your interested. 

The SA-12 could work, but that box is on the small side. What is your budget for a subwoofer?

Yea that my b. 1.5 should be ideal for a 10

Edited by khinds94

The only 12'' I know that likes small boxes are the DSS Ethos, they take 1.5 cubic feet tuned to 32hz. I dont know if Quentin has any motors left but you can check out his section on this forum and pm/email him if your interested. 

The SA-12 could work, but that box is on the small side. What is your budget for a subwoofer?

Honestly I would like not to spend more than $150. I was going to be a sundown sa b stock..

Well in that case jump on the b stock while there are some left, and yes the 10 would be better in that size enclosure.

Ok thanks. I was looking and they only have a d2 sa-10 left anyways . winisd shows the best response curve with the sundown E12v2. But I kinda got the feeling it is wrong. Anything better than a 300w 10" audiobahn and I will be happy lol. Thanks for your help hope to buy the sa-10 next week.

Stuff from Soundqubed or Digital Designs typically like smaller boxes.

i use an sa 12 in the same size box (due to space restriction) with a alpine 1k amp and it sounds great. now that i got a blazer im looking to upgrade to a ssa 15 or 2 and a stetsom 1k6es2 or bigger. the sa is a great small space sb for the price. just my opinion.