Sign in to follow this  
jakmagic

New member from Wi

Hi guys, I am also a member of the SMD forum and decided I'd like to join this forum also. I drive a Buick Lesabre and run 1 Fi Q 12, powered by a CT Sounds AT1400.1. CT Sounds Meso 6.5" components powered by a CT Sounds 60.4. 1/0 Ga Execution Audio cables/wire, XS Power D3400 battery with stock 140 amp alt. Also use a Alpine HD149BT head unit. Fi Q lives in a ported box (Built by Sound Mekanix Customs) tuned 32-33hz. Just here to sit back relax and gain some knowledge. Thanks guys.

Welcome man, this is an excellent place tolearn a bunch of great stuff. As long as you do a bit of the leg work yourself and have an open mind and listen, you'll learn a ton of in depth knowledge that you'd be hard pressed to find elsewhere.

Welcome to the forum

welcome

I recently purchased my gear a couple of months ago, and literally spend all my free time on SMD forums and am pumped to find this one. I am very serious about learning all my head and absorb. I'm addicted. Lol. I don't post much seeing I really have no right to tell someone how to install/ or make recommendations since I am so new to the technical info on car audio. I don't want to be responsible for someone misusing their gear, destroying something, and then to see them go online and bash that company's equipment. My install was done myself / still in the process really, probably will never be completely done. (tweaks and wants) lol. I had my box built for me too though. So I'd only post my experience with my own install or reviews of the gear I own. I will ask questions though. I am also grateful for anybody to take the time to read / reply to any of my posts.

I am technically having to run my cables twice since my CT Sounds amp kit (ofc) was on back order. My dealer felt bad, and gave me an Execution Audio kit (CCA) for free till my other one gets in. I wanted to get my build started so I gladly accepted. Lol. I recently pulled my back seat out to experiment with stuff , so everything will be being moved around also, and new box fabricated. Current box was built for sub back/ port drivers side. I want sub and port forward now. Box will be built by Sound Mekanix Customs again. Jeremy does beautiful work! My next box will be finished too, with carpet or this Bedliner type material I like.

Box looks nice.  Welcome to SSA.  Lots of good info if you are willing to learn objectively.  These guys give it to you raw- and it rubs some the wrong way- but if you get over it- you get the truth, not the hype.

Raw is the best way. Better than being bullshitted or coddled. If everyone was like that, there'd be alot less f'ups in this world. I'll take it! lol.

exactly.

:WELCOME: to the forum!!