Sign in to follow this  
osiris10012

New Member Checking In From Alaska

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Alaska, been here for a year. I drive a nissan titan and am currently running a sundown e10v2 off a PPI BK1800.1D(I know overkill. lol) and sky high audio wiring. I plan to upgrade to an SSA Xcon 12" here very soon. Can't wait to learn from the SSA forum members.

:WELCOME: to the forum!!

Welcome! Came to the right place

Welcome

Howdy!

welcome to the forum

Welcome to SSA!

Thank you for all the warm welcomes!

Anchorage???!? Not much bass up here unfortunately.

Worse, Fairbanks. Lol. Unfortunately the audio shops up here suck too. I really haven't ran into any bass heads up here. Only been here a year though.

Worse, Fairbanks. Lol. Unfortunately the audio shops up here suck too. I really haven't ran into any bass heads up here. Only been here a year though.

from my experience almost all audio shops suck no matter where you are. Not all but most.. I bet shipping is a killer up there.

from my experience almost all audio shops suck no matter where you are. Not all but most.. I bet shipping is a killer up there.

Heck yeah it does. It is going to cost me $150 to ship up a single xcon 12". It's painful but for once I feel it's worth it. Lol

welcome

Heck yeah it does. It is going to cost me $150 to ship up a single xcon 12". It's painful but for once I feel it's worth it. Lol

I run a single 12 zcon and people ask me if I have 2 15s. I dont see how you couldn't be happy with any ssa product. Xcons are nice subs as well and I would pay the shipping if I lived up that way. I promise you will be impressed.. build a proper box and hit it with plenty of power and just sit back n smile.

Glad to here you love your zcon. I don't have enough power on tap for that beast. Lol. That's one of the reasons I chose the xcon. My amp is rated for 1800 rms so I thought the 2 would be a perfect match. I had a good laugh today. My buddy wanted to hear my current set up and was absolutely shocked at the output my little sundown e10 has. I told him just wait until I get the new beast of a sub, this thing is nothing compared to it. I was actually contemplating trying to find enough room for the 15" model, but I don't know if in want to give up that much room. I really need to decide because I plan to order in a couple weeks.

I wouldn't suggest moving on the 15 unless you were CERTAIN you could fit a proper enclosure with adequate port area and bracing and such. The 12 in the enclosure you designed could very well outperform the 15 if it were in a subpar enclosure. The enclosure is everything to how well a sub performs. Don't waste your money on the 15 if you're not willing or physically unable to give it the enclosure it needs and deserves.

Thanks for the advise Alton. I am going to stick with the 12. I am pretty sure I could make the 15 work but I don't think it's worth the headache of finding the room for it. If I didn't need some of my rear seat it wouldn't be a problem. Lol