Have an Audioque 1200d that stopped working on me and I'm now looking for a replacement for it.  I had no issues with the amp (until recently when I started smoking) so I have no problem going with the Soundqubed 1200d if thats the best option.  I was about to order it but figured I would ask here first.

Anyways, it's being used to push my 12" ICON.

Any suggestions on a solid amp that will produce the 1200-ish watts under $300 shipped is welcomed.

Thanks!

Could get the 2200 . . Always good to have head room. . . . But any of the quality brands around the power you want would be fine. . Sundown.audioque.crescendo . . Always better to have more than you need though

ppi p1000.1. wouldn't notice the difference in power. or buy something used. 

Could get the 2200 . . Always good to have head room. . . . But any of the quality brands around the power you want would be fine. . Sundown.audioque.crescendo . . Always better to have more than you need though

Not sure I want to go much bigger.  Dont really want to upgrade the electrical and the car has been happy at the current power levels.

I did check out the Crescendo amps, but the smallest I saw on the SSA store was the 2200w version which is a little more than I was looking to spend.

What about Rockford fosgate prime 1200?

I'll check it out.

ppi p1000.1. wouldn't notice the difference in power. or buy something used. 

Thanks.  I wasn't sure if PPI still made good amps.  My g/f is using a little 400w amp in her and I was really surprised at how small the amp was.  It seems to work good for her though.  I'll check this one out also.

I would buy another soundqubed. they are great amps and you know for yourself its a great amp. you know what to expect and you already know how it performs. all the other amps mentioned in this thread are also nice amps but if your like me you really dont want to stray too far from a good thing. just my opinion

I would buy another soundqubed. they are great amps and you know for yourself its a great amp. you know what to expect and you already know how it performs. all the other amps mentioned in this thread are also nice amps but if your like me you really dont want to stray too far from a good thing. just my opinion

I was definitely leaning towards it, but the RF amp mentioned above is pretty tempting.  I can get it on Amazon Prime for about $35 cheaper than the Soundqubed and the specs look pretty similar minus having built in fuses.  I'll likely pick either that one or the Soundqubed. 

Edited by riored4v

Crescendo s1500 looks pretty good for the $$

Sexy little amps for sure.

Crescendo s1500 looks pretty good for the $$

Sexy little amps for sure.

And a very small footprint.  I JUST purchased the SQ Q1200.1, and it drives my Xcon 18 just fine, but - I have 2nd thoughts about the lil Nendo.  You really can't go wrong either way. 

Off Topic- but - It is an amazing time to be in car audio...I remember when I got into it back in the day- $1/watt was the going rate...now-a-days getting 12-1500 watts for only 300 bucks is a steal IMO.

There are still plenty of these left as well. Great deal for the money. I have a pair pushing 2 X18's and they are performing excellent.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MB-Quart-DSC1500-1D-1500-Watt-RMS-Mono-Block-Class-D-Car-Amplifier-Amp-Bass-Knob-/390840333400?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item5affe63458

Ended up snagging the RF Prime 1200d mainly due to the Amazon Prime option.  Really wanted to get the stereo back up and going again before the road trip this weekend.

That Crescendo 1500 seemed like a great amp/option as well.  If the RF doesnt perform well, I'll be returning it and likely go back to the SQ or with that Crescendo.  Somehow I actually overlooked the 1500w version when I was first looking aroundsigh.gif

Turns out the configuration for the wires being on the bottom and angled didn't work out on the RF.  The MB Quart amp above has the angled install position as well for the power wires.

So.. looks like I'm either going to order up the Audioque (Soundqubed) 1200d again or the Crescendo 1500.1 for the little extra power.

IA 10.1

Just curious, but why?  Same/less power and about $100 more. 

IA 10.1

In my opinion its better quality and more durable. But if others are just about as good and a lot cheaper than just go with them. . . .

I would like to try out that crescendo 1500 though :)

IA 10.1

In my opinion its better quality and more durable. But if others are just about as good and a lot cheaper than just go with them. . . .

I would like to try out that crescendo 1500 though smile.png

Thanks for the feedback.

Leaning towards the Crescendo 1500.  I did like my Audioque quite a bit, but I like the idea of trying out something new.  Seems like I've heard alot of good things about their amps.