BassBaller5

Thanks Sundown for having NO customer support

This is what makes me laugh when people bring up how great it is to buy from companies like a Sundown instead of larger manufacturers...because of the great CS. Call JBL, RF, Kicker, Alpine, etc and I guaranty they don't shut down the entire company because the owner is on vacation and everyone else wanted to go attend a show. There are always employees there to provide customer service. Entire assembly lines also don't stop functioning because one or two people are out of the office for a week. They don't get so overwhelmed that they never respond to email or phone calls.

Not trying to be an ass, but it was announced before slam that they would be running a skeleton crew for a bit.

Doesn't matter, there is still absolutely no excuse for this.  Even if it was announced, the message they are sending to their dealers is that they don't care about them.  Furthermore, it was mishanlded after the fact of actually making contact.  Whomever answered the phone should have called Jacob or the person who makes the Nightshades and informed them that they need one assembled ASAP and overnighted.  That is the only way to make this right, given the OP's comments are the full truth.

So, basically, the ONLY way that Sundown can have good CS is to make sure that nothing ever goes wrong.  Furthermore, they have to be at work, at all times, to make sure they can answer the phones, emails, and such, 24/7.  They also have to make sure that things are fixed immediately, including warranty claims.

To me, it sounds like Brandon was trying, by him telling you that they had to file that claim with FedEx, and the NS guy is out for a week as well.  Even had he been there, the claim still has to go through.  For you to just basically be like "Well, that's not good enough, so you know what, eff you and your company", it's no wonder he said what he did.  There's only so much they can do, they are human after all.

If that is what you got out of Ryan's post, then you need to learn reading comprehension and logic skills.

I understand a few days for slam because its a very large event for companies such as sundown, but as long as you have waited...

Especially being a dealer you should be treated a bit better.

I had a small issue with my 10in neo pros that I never could get that resolved because of the ridiculous amount I would have had to pay for shipping to them and back.

Even though it was not at all my fault.

Sometimes companies need to cut a little profit to make things right.

That being said I love sundowns products, and will still recommend them..

i didnt read all that... and i really dont need to ...

after years and years of being a loyal sundowner....  i walked away a little over a year ago ...  they have just gotten too big for their pants..  shit happends.. still a great product and thats  the reason why!!

put your self in the  shoes of a company that has grown as much as they have

Only other thing I will say besides asking for pics of the damage, is that when I had an issue with my 1500 years ago (08) Jacob took great care of me. Sad to see how this has changed.

J

So, basically, the ONLY way that Sundown can have good CS is to make sure that nothing ever goes wrong.  Furthermore, they have to be at work, at all times, to make sure they can answer the phones, emails, and such, 24/7.  They also have to make sure that things are fixed immediately, including warranty claims.

To me, it sounds like Brandon was trying, by him telling you that they had to file that claim with FedEx, and the NS guy is out for a week as well.  Even had he been there, the claim still has to go through.  For you to just basically be like "Well, that's not good enough, so you know what, eff you and your company", it's no wonder he said what he did.  There's only so much they can do, they are human after all.

Umm.. what?  Way to take this to the extreme.  The only way Sundown can have good CS is to answer the phones during BUSINESS HOURS, respond to emails in a TIMELY MANOR, and attempt to aid their dealers when an issue of this severity occurs.    Its not fair to my customer who paid sundown over $3000 for an NS1 and 2 NS18's in APRIL to have to wait while Sundown tries to deal with FedEx. 

Back when I purchased my original 1500d and 100.4 from Jacob directly, the customer service was as good as anyone else in the industry.  Unfortunate, Sundown is growing at a faster rate than they can handle.  They need to take some steps back and re-approach how they can handle this new demand and still maintain quality customer service.  

I did not make this thread with the sole intention of starting a Sundown bash fest, but rather in the hopes that I would get the attention of someone at Sundown who would finally start a dialog with me.  Unfortunately, that has not happened yet. 

Here are some pics for those curious.  

Sundowndamage2_zpsc98a07ec.jpg

Sundowndamage_zpsb07ccff4.jpg

sundowndamage3_zps2592d0d4.jpg

sundowndamage5_zpsb6f55900.jpg

sundowndamage4_zps044e3a81.jpg

**It is also important to mention that I have finally been able to get in contact with Brandon at Sundown who is getting me a woofer rushed out** I will update this thread with further progress. 

I'm not sure why they would use that type of foam. As you can see after one impact it's completely destroyed. It probably broke the foam and then was dropped again sending the final blow. Shippers really don't like heavy small objects like these.

Really surprised there was no wood used in the packaging like in every sub iv got from ssa. Even recones. . . . Really should spend the extra few dollars

Agreed. They could put a little more effort into the packaging. It may have been broken before it was loaded onto the container from china and nobody checked it when it got to their warehouse.

I guess you could buy a frame and a recone and see if they can cover that invoice for you and your customer's sake.

They love audio just as much as you, so they do events and shit.

Personally, I'd say get over it, or switch brands. Move on with your life. If you really want something, you'll do what it takes to get it. Sure it can be frustrating, but life's not fair.

Spit, or swallow. Who gives a fuck.

Personally, I'd say get over it, or switch brands. Move on with your life. If you really want something, you'll do what it takes to get it. Sure it can be frustrating, but life's not fair.

I hope you never run a business with that attitude.

What you fail to understand, is that has nothing to do with me not getting something I want.  It has to do with my customer being the victim of Sundown's lack of care for anyone other than their heavy hitting online retailers.   

Agreed. They could put a little more effort into the packaging. It may have been broken before it was loaded onto the container from china and nobody checked it when it got to their warehouse.

I guess you could buy a frame and a recone and see if they can cover that invoice for you and your customer's sake.

The NSv.3's are all built in house. Besides that, all subs coming from China are ran through QC when they arrive. How do you think they end up with b-stock items and the qc fail items they sell in the yard sales?

But, as much as I like Jacob and Sundown, I do agree they could have packed that sub a little better. I've had X's and Zv.4's arrive with the foam packing crushed inside the box, although I've never received a damaged sub like that.

Edited by PHATBOi

My X-18 traveled 6000 miles in that same packaging and nothing was broken, not even the Styrofoam.

Its always hit or miss with packaging making it undamaged. I have the simple very minimal packaging from Fi on some 15's and shipped to me with very little wear on the packaging and nothing wrong with the drivers. BUT in saying that I know others that have gotten the same pair of drivers and they looked like they were thrown out the plane at 15K ft. I have also received 21's from overseas and they were packaged with 3 layers of cardboard front and back and then wrapped with some foam. No damage at all to those woofers.

I hope this gets resolved but I really hope Sundown is able to get better packaging added. I dont mind spending the money but would want my product delivered to me undamaged for the money spent. I hope this thread is not a blow off and ignore for Sundown. Hopefully someone will respond soon.

Is Sundown back to normal now?

**It is also important to mention that I have finally been able to get in contact with Brandon at Sundown who is getting me a woofer rushed out** I will update this thread with further progress. 

Seems like they are getting it taken care off.  Sucks that it took so long.

I said what I did, because OP isn't at all trying to see both sides of a situation.

Only his own.

I said what I did, because OP isn't at all trying to see both sides of a situation.

Only his own.

Or maybe you just see Sundown's side

Only his own.

there is only one side, the customers. jacob's shitty response is over on diyma if you need to see it for yourself. 

Their CS has gotten worse and worse.... they won't hire any one to deal with it. 

Seems like the bigger they get the less they care about customer service because they already have sooo many loyal customers that will buy no matter what so I guess they don't see the point in spending more money .

Wish it wasn't like that.

Customer service should grow right along with the company!

Only his own.

Or maybe you just see Sundown's side

Grow up; and give someone else some shit on this forum for once, my balls hurt.

I've been in his position before, and i've been the one who's had to get shit for another party taking forever.

False... there is no "we won't hire anyone" -- our staff has exploded from 4-5 guys to 15 people over the last 18 months. Several of the new staff are on the phones and e-mail full time. As the company matures we have MANY more calls and e-mails per sale due to legacy support. We are answering calls and e-mails about products sold 5-6 years ago at this point -- so total response volume grows MUCH faster than total sales volume so staff will necessarily lag a bit.

As far as a "shitty response" -- I disagree -- I was never rude but I will not sit there and have someone say we absolutely are a terrible company without sharing our side of the story. Sorry, I won't do it, I am not going to stand for it. My staff works hard every day, as do I, to handle customers in the best way we possibly can.

------

As far as the actual CUSTOMER he understandably sad that his woofer is broken but he is by no means angry -- I am responding to his posts directly over on SMD and letting him know it's all being taken care of like always. I was on top of it the first I heard about an issue even on my personal family vacation.

I know car audio is our hobby but we aren't selling emergency medical supplies; if we are away and unavailable for a day or two that should be understandable when we announced it a month in advance.