BassBaller5

Thanks Sundown for having NO customer support

popcorn.gif

False... there is no "we won't hire anyone" -- our staff has exploded from 4-5 guys to 15 people over the last 18 months. Several of the new staff are on the phones and e-mail full time. As the company matures we have MANY more calls and e-mails per sale due to legacy support. We are answering calls and e-mails about products sold 5-6 years ago at this point -- so total response volume grows MUCH faster than total sales volume so staff will necessarily lag a bit.

As far as a "shitty response" -- I disagree -- I was never rude but I will not sit there and have someone say we absolutely are a terrible company without sharing our side of the story. Sorry, I won't do it, I am not going to stand for it. My staff works hard every day, as do I, to handle customers in the best way we possibly can.

------

As far as the actual CUSTOMER he understandably sad that his woofer is broken but he is by no means angry -- I am responding to his posts directly over on SMD and letting him know it's all being taken care of like always. I was on top of it the first I heard about an issue even on my personal family vacation.

I know car audio is our hobby but we aren't selling emergency medical supplies; if we are away and unavailable for a day or two that should be understandable when we announced it a month in advance.

There's the problem Jake.  It's not your hobby , it's your business.  When you have customers, it's no longer a hobby.   

Granted, you are still a small company in comparison, but you are at big name retailers and have a dealer network.  You are in big boy territory playing with the big boys, so you need to handle yourself as they do.   The big boys don't take the whole company to a show.  They support their dealers as needed and in a timely and reasonable manner. They always have someone to take care of business and keep things running,  You may have done this, but obviously you left behind the wrong individual(s).    There should have been no need to notify the boss on his vacation.   The one's left behind should have the capability to handle it. 

I applaud you defending your name and your company.  It should have been handled differently.  There should have been a simple apology, a rush to get a new woofer and the situation resolved as quickly as possible.  No matter the number of employees, you obviously have some gaps that need addressed.   This should help you in the long run, and I hope it does.