hondakilla98

06 Pontiac GTO mild build

My wife wrecked my town car. There's $5k in damage, almost enough to total it. So I took the check, and it's for sale for 3k on craigslist as a driver.

20140602_182305.jpg

20140602_182315.jpg

I replaced it with something more fun. 06 Pontiac GTO I found on eBay. Here's a pic I took an hour north of Fresno, CA on the 13 hour drive back to Portland, OR.

20140604_115037.jpg

It's a one owner with 27k. So far I've bought a Diablosport Predator tuner, a Vararam OTRCAI, and tinted the windows. Other than the stereo I'm going to try to keep the mods to a minimum(it's 400 from the factory).

It currently has an old Kenwood double din mounted inside the shell of the factory deck. I'm hoping he used a harness and didn't just cut into the factory wires.

My plan so far is a set of Focal P165 V15 components up front in the doors and dash(stock locations), Focal 165CVX coaxials in the rear deck, Pioneer AVH-X3600BHS deck, Scosche dash kit, Alpine ktp-445u to run the mids, a pair of sealed 10's(thinking IDQ10v2 in .6cu ft) one in quarter panel next to the rear seat, Sundown SAZ-1500D sub amp (overkill, but it's what I've got). I'll put some cld tiles, mlv and ccf in the doors, and anywhere else that needs it.

The only thing I'm not sure on is the subs. The placement is fairly common with GTO owners. Finding 10" sub's that work in .7 cu ft or less, are 5.25" or less deep, and aren't expensive is interesting. I found a pair of IDQv2 D2 in good condition for $200 shipped.

Here's some info I found on the IDQ10v2

IDQ10%20D2%20V.2%20Spec%20Sheet.jpg

Here's a thread I started for 10" sub suggestions.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/62512-10-sub-for-sealed-box-5-7cu-ft-525-deep-or-less/

Edited by hondakilla98

Back from the damn dead.what's up fatso?

Back from the damn dead.what's up fatso?

It's been a while. You know how I am. Too many projects, not enough money and time. That's why I'm going to try to keep this basic. Then maybe I'll finish it.

popcorn2.gif

Welcome back !!! Nice ride Sir.

Any chance they'd sell that Fairlane behind your car in the pic ??

Welcome back !!! Nice ride Sir.

Any chance they'd sell that Fairlane behind your car in the pic ?

Most likely. The place sells old cars and parts. It is a 56 4 door. It's called big m auto in Williams, CA. http://www.bigmauto.com/

I ordered my GTO specific dash kit today, Scosche GM1597B. I won a set of Focal P165 V15 separates and Focal 165 CVX coaxials on ebay. I also ordered my Alpine KTP-445U and Pioneer AVH-X3600bhs from Amazon.

Edited by hondakilla98

nice gto

Thanks.

With help from forum member Lithium in my sub thread. I've settled on a pair of Sundown SD-2 D4 10's sealed in .5 cu ft.

Edit. Subs ordered.

Edited by hondakilla98

The IDQ v2's are killer subs as far as SQ goes. I've had a few over the years (still have a pair of BNIB 12's) and absolutely love them!

If they were still available I probably would've bought them. The SD-2's will make the install easier. I can go with a slightly thinner box.

I ordered my ASWC-1 for steering wheel controls, and a parking brake bypass. I think I have everything i need on the way. After I clean up my garage I'll get a sheet of MDF to build the boxes.

Really nice car

My deck showed up today. Tomorrow I'll get to work on clearing out my garage, so I have room to work on the car. I think I'll start the install with the deck, power pack, ASWC-1, and parking brake bypass. Hopefully in a few days.

Hell yea! Car looks good man. Cant wait to see the progress

The deck, power pack, parking brake bypass, sub rca's, sub remote and aswc-1 are installed. If only I could get the aswc-1 to work. 

I took out the back seat and all the trim from the b pillar back.

20140702_202122.jpg

20140702_202135.jpg

Removed the factory "subs" from the rear deck. 

20140702_202111.jpg

I cut the rivets holding the speakers behind the b pillar in to make room for subs, and put down some deadener. 

20140702_225327.jpg

20140702_225338.jpg

20140702_225402.jpg

I'll post pics of the deck after I get this cleaned up. The Focal coaxials are wired and just need screwed down.

20140703_025635.jpg

Edited by hondakilla98

wow looking great!

I got my power wire ran today. There was a hole behind the glove box, right behind the passenger strut tower. It was to small, so I drilled it out. Here's my hole saw with a bunch of tape and some heat shrink, to make it the size of the original hole.

2014-07-03%2021.20.29.jpg

Here's the hole after I took out the plug and taped a garbage bag to catch all the metal shavings.

20140703_154139.jpg

After cutting it.

20140703_154421.jpg

Here's the grommet and 1/0 gauge wire with some electrical tape to fit the grommet. I put a zip tie on either side to keep it from moving.

2014-07-03%2021.21.35.jpg

20140703_170647.jpg

Ran around the strut tower and zip tied. The two white zip ties are where the fuse will go. New die hard AGM courtesy of the previous owner. Unfortunately the old battery must have exploded. Because all the paint under the tray is a mess.

20140703_170628.jpg

Power wire running down the passenger side and into the trunk. Still needs zip tired to the factory loom. The RCA's run down the middle next to the console. They'll get wrapped in ccf and run over the gas tank.

20140703_170704.jpg

Here's a shot after I got the previous deck out.

20140701_162047_5.jpg

It's all back together, but it's coming apart again. My center vents won't stay open. So I get to take the day apart again.

Here's it installed

20140703_214811.jpg

Edited by hondakilla98

Looking nice so far!

Nice step by step with the power wire install.

Looking good man. Sorry I couldn't hook up with you. Was a crazy weekend.

Looking good man. Sorry I couldn't hook up with you. Was a crazy weekend.

No worries. You had family to deal with.