Omega_Ace

Passive crossovers for ascendant audio carbon 6.5 and tweeter

I just picked up a set of ascendant audio carbon 6.5 and tweeters. They did not come with crossovers. Im switching to a kenwood ddx371 or Pioneer avh4200. Well either one have the crossovers internally to run them or could passive crossovers work and if passive is a better option than the head units listed which crossovers would be best. Thank you for you time as all I have had in the past is coaxial speakers and since ordering two 12" DSS Ethos and a bc3500 I know the rest needs upgraded. Also my mtx te404 amp running high/mid and is extremely limited on setting the crossover. Thank you

I'll take those carbons off your hands if you don't want to deal with the crossover issue ;) A really quick search on google and both decks say they have high and low pass filters, so they should be able to work active. Though I'm not familiar with those decks at all.

I think I'll keep them. Thanks for the info.

I'll take those carbons off your hands if you don't want to deal with the crossover issue ;) A really quick search on google and both decks say they have high and low pass filters, so they should be able to work active. Though I'm not familiar with those decks at all.

hi and low doesn't mean they can run things active. Need reasonable frequency choices as well.

A custom set of passives will set you back a couple hundred bucks at least.