Sign in to follow this  
osiris10012

Question about 15" ethos port area?

that looks freaking awesome!!!

We have some Team IAK members up there in Alaska, I wonder how local they may be to you? They could lend you a hand. 

The design looks solid to me.  As long as all the math is sound then you should be in great shape.  I'm looking forward to seeing it done and what your opinion is on the Ethos after you get it done.

that looks freaking awesome!!!

We have some Team IAK members up there in Alaska, I wonder how local they may be to you? They could lend you a hand.

Thanks man. My guess is your team members are in anchorage. Not to many bass heads up here in Fairbanks. It would be awesome if there were some members up here though.

The design looks solid to me.  As long as all the math is sound then you should be in great shape.  I'm looking forward to seeing it done and what your opinion is on the Ethos after you get it done.

Thanks. I am so excited I found the ethos. I honestly gave up on trying to fit a 15". That's why previously I decided on the 12. I will be sure to post a review after I get it all broken in.

Another question I have for all of you is what type of fasteners are you using to support your ethos. It is the heaviest/largest woofer I will have ever owned so I am just curious. I have seen a lot of positive comments about the spax fasteners. I have also seen a lot about using t nuts, but they honestly make me nervous.

very good looking design.  Looking forward to seeing it take shape.

Gorgeous design

Thank you. I may change it again. Lol. I figured out a way to get the port area up to 63 in2 by adding an inch in height. It also got me right at 3 cu ft net instead of the larger 3.3 cu ft. Only thing I don't like is it made the port pretty long. Is 48" in port length going to cause any negative effects on the performance? Sorry i have never needed a port that long so I am just curious. I may just stick with the original design. This enclosure will still be the same design just tweeked a bit.

Stick with your original design. You won't net an audible difference with the new design.

Awesome, thanks for the input Quentin. I liked the first designs lower height better anyways. If all goes as planed, I will place my order Monday.

Awesome, thanks for the input Quentin. I liked the first designs lower height better anyways. If all goes as planed, I will place my order Monday.

That'll work. I have 4 or 5 left for purchase.

Sweet I wish I could order it today. Hopefully you still have 1 on Monday.

I'm so excited! Just placed my order with DSS for a 2 ohm 15" ethos. Also just finished up getting my table saw tuned in for the new enclosure build. I have always known it wasn't dialed in perfect but this build deserves that type of attention to details.

:woot: great purchase

You will NOT be disappointed!

Thanks guys. I can't wait for it to get here. I plan to start building the enclosure this weekend.

:woot: