fibl472

please, in need of help, two fi btl n2 15's build

over a year ago i purchased my 2 fi btl n2 15's fully loaded, and because i waited 4 months to get em, i didnt wanna wait to install, so i went to a local shop to have a box built and installed, it was supposed to cost around 500, but ended up being 800 when i left, a few months later i got into a small fender bender and the box fell just fell appart, i took it back for repairs and they said the could do it for 100, so i did it annnnd, nothing was really fixed except they just re positioned it, it has been un hooked after the alternator they sold me died, i and just gave up at that point. recently i have decided to rebuild and everything with the help of my uncle cause i miss my bass any help and alll help is appreciated, im pretty much nooby on most things. ill explain what i got.

i have the two n2's fully loaded, a cactus audio amp 5000 watts, one kinetik hc 3800 with another battery that was recommended to me, (not sure brand)  and my regular battery in the car, i have the stock alternator along with an ohio generator 180 amp ho alternator, im not even sure if i have the big three upgrade done anymore. i believe the wire they shoved in my car was 0 or 00 memphis fuze and wire kit

im not aiming for the loudest system, i enjoy the more physical bit, i enjoy the flex on my car and making shit shake, a shit ton of airflow, i enjoy being able to feel the base from a ways away, not just hear it from afar, and enjoy the lows a bit more, im not so sure but i thing that means tune the box lower? what would be a good tune for the box, and what would be an appropriate size? i thought the more cubes the better, but i was told that if you hit the middle of whats recommended would be good, idk smile.png along with this do i need to scrap this wire or will it make too much of a difference? i was told that you need "true gauge wire" or your basically running 2 gauges below? i have no clue on that subject, if you could recommend me wire as well that would be great. and do i need to create brackets to use both the stock and the 180 amp alternator?do i need a bass knob? do i need a volt meter? these are the things i kinda would like to know, ,

this is all in an 04 civic and i have dedicated the whole back end, i took out the rear seats and emptied the trunk, is they a design of box that would work better for these(port up, port forward? shit like that), do i need to get into those "3 or 4th order bandpass" or whatever those are? i dont wanna be in danger of doing damage to the subs.anything and EVERYTHING is helpful and if you have gotten to this point i thank you, it means allot. smile.png

also when they installed my subs and i played them loudly for a while, the subs would get quite hot, i dont know what means and i mean for only like 5 minutes of this and they would be HOT to the touch.

if there are any questions just ask, thanks again

Yes, get a voltage meter & sell your subs..

Welding wire is nice wire and can be found any where on the internet (weldingsupply.com, cableyard.com) or at your local welding store/shop. Order some wire do the big three and if you feel the wire you have now is not up to par then scrap it and start over.

1. Do you have both alts installed? If so how is it set up? One alt for factory components and other alt for system?

2. Upgrade battery under the hood to an AGM battery (Sears has a good deal on their Platinum line of AGM batteries). 

3.Get dimensions of your trunk but I doubt you will have the proper room for 2-15''s and batteries, amps etc. Someone on here will help you design an enclosure if you need it.

4. You could sell one of the subwoofers to be able to fund these upgrades and this will allow for the proper install of one 15" subwoofer.

5. What is the voice coil rating on the subwoofers?

6. Find out name of other battery that was recommended for you?

Im sure I have some more questions but that should get you started. 

Welding wire is nice wire and can be found any where on the internet (weldingsupply.com, cableyard.com) or at your local welding store/shop. Order some wire do the big three and if you feel the wire you have now is not up to par then scrap it and start over.

1. Do you have both alts installed? If so how is it set up? One alt for factory components and other alt for system?

2. Upgrade battery under the hood to an AGM battery (Sears has a good deal on their Platinum line of AGM batteries). 

3.Get dimensions of your trunk but I doubt you will have the proper room for 2-15''s and batteries, amps etc. Someone on here will help you design an enclosure if you need it.

4. You could sell one of the subwoofers to be able to fund these upgrades and this will allow for the proper install of one 15" subwoofer.

5. What is the voice coil rating on the subwoofers?

6. Find out name of other battery that was recommended for you?

Im sure I have some more questions but that should get you started.

yup, this is a good start..

That is a strong amp, get some good electrical on it and build the right box and that shit will be loud! See what ohm they are aswell. I would put that in around 8cu tuned to 32 or so. 

wish I could have gotten your 900+$..at least then you would have seen results..