Sign in to follow this  
dharris2488

New Member/The Woodlands, TX Introduction...

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and want to give everyone a breif introduction to myself.  I've been in car audio since the early 90's, but took a LONG break from it (almost 13 years), and just recently decided to open my wallet back up and get involved again.  I like to hunt, fish, now have a serious passion for car audio, and take care of my wife.  I'm an outside salesman for a tooling company that mfg's drills, taps, end mills, and other specialty tools.   Enough about me...

I drive a 2013 Toyota Camry and I am now working on my 4th system in it since the beginning of the year!  Yeah, I know, lots of wasted dollars.  I thought I was going to start off and be happy with one PIoneer 12 and a Hifonics amp.  YEAH RIGHT!  Anyway, on to my new system.  Right now, I'm rolling around with a SoundQubed Q2200.1 on (2)HDS3 12's and for my mids/highs, have a Kenwood XR400-4 powering Infinity Kappa 6.5 components and a set of rear fill Kappa 6x9's.  I'm running stock HU, as I like steering wheel function and navigation, so I bought an AC LC2i and things are working out ok so far.  I was introduced to this sight by a guy over on SMD who informed me about the DSS Ethos drivers.  I have now bought another Q2200.1 to strap to my existing one, and (2) 12" Ethos D2's, as this will be hopefully my holy grail build.  I also bought another 4channel, SQ Q4-120, and bought some Bullet tweets from SQ'ed and (2) set's of 6x9's (have no idea where I'm going to install these, so hopefully I can learn how to fiberglass on this sight).  As far as electrical goes, I have a MechMan 240amp alt, 4 AGM's, with 1/0 flexible welding cable running throughout.  Waiting on some tinned copper bus bars to arrive this week to hopefully make my next install look as professional as possible. 

Today, I'm working on the frame to seal off my trunk so I can do this build correctly.  I still have A TON to learn, so hopefully some of you smart guys out there won't mind throwing me a few pointers on how to seal my trunk off properly.  I would imagine there are a few out there that can throw some pointers to me about enclosure design as well for the Ethos subs.  This should be a fun build, a loud build, and one that will be a pleasure to listen to.  Quetin introduced himself to me already and has been really cool from the get go.  I look forward to meeting many more people that have the same attitude/personality that Quentin has.  Much respect...

Well, this post is long enough, so I'm going to close it out.  I look forward to reading many posts and learning as much as possible.  I'm sure I will add to threads when possible, but really I'm here to learn from some of the best in this field.  Looking forward to learning and meeting some new people.  Good luck everyone...

:WELCOME: to the forum!

Thanks guys.  Finally got everything pulled from my trunk.  Why do I do this in the summer?  It's only 94 out!  Thanks for the welcome...

Welcome to SSA! I'm in the Copperfield area

Welcome to SSA! I'm in the Copperfield area

Nice area.. we thought about moving out there, but decided here.  Any shows in our area coming up?  Like I mentioned, I'm just getting back in the swing of things and don't really know where the local or regional shows are.  Can you steer me in the right direction to find this info out?  Maybe we meet up one day and show each others stuff off over a few brewski's...

There is a show on the 13th of July at DipTex. you can find info at Bassbattles and Soundoff.org for bass comps in the Houston and surrounding areas. I'm always down for a few beers!!

Welcome

eek5wavey.gif

howdy!

WELCOME!

I'm like 3 mins from david  I'm in poor mans land aka cypress lol.

cmon out to diptex going be a decent turn out from what they say

I MAY be at the dip-tex show. If the truck is back together.

Looks like I will be coming to the DipTex show... I'm not going to lie, this will be my first show.  I've never been to one, so I am very excited to attend.  Like I said, I'm just now getting back into car audio after a break of over 10 years, so it will be cool to see what all is out there.  Basically, when I got out of car audio, JL's W6 line was the beez neez, especially if you had a Phoenix Gold amp to push them...  Yeah, it's been a while... :)

Will I be able to meter my car at this show?  I would really like to know what kind of numbers I'm doing...

Hopefully I will have my Ethos on Saturday!  Got my shipping notice today... Damn i'm anxious!

You will be really suprised how much louder things are now a days, mine won't be ready by then but I'll be there to hang out.

Yes it will be a official show, if you talk to janissa she will help you into a noob beginner class and get you metered.

Yes it will be a official show, if you talk to janissa she will help you into a noob beginner class and get you metered.

Thats awesome...  I would love to do that.  Hopefully my build we be mostly completed by then, at least to get some numbers put up.  It may not look pretty by then, but it will probably be functional.  Look forward to meeting some of you there.

You will be really suprised how much louder things are now a days, mine won't be ready by then but I'll be there to hang out.

Yeah, I've really never heard anything louder than 155.  That's what the guy told me he metered.  I believed him, as it was the loudest thing i've ever heard.  4 HDC4 15's walled on Audison amps.... Many XS batteries!  :)

If Steve makes it he is over a 160, audio Jake's Toyota is over a 60 as well, flavius will be there making some noise as well

Edited by tprj82

If Steve makes it he is over a 160, audio Jake's Toyota is over a 60 as well, flavius will be there making some noise as well

I can't wait to hear something like that... I was told by the guy that did 155, that anything over 160 starts to actually get painful/uncomfortable.  I will definitely be going to this show for multiple reasons.  SHould be a great time.  Now, to get my car in good enough condition to meter it... Enclosure should be finished tomorrow and my bus bars arrived tonight.  Hoping to have everything wired by this weekend, so I can focus on making sure everything is sealed off properly.

Well After this show your going to want more lol, but Paul and Kurt at dip Tex cab help you out with that, one of the best shops I have ever stopped by