Sign in to follow this  
Sencheezy

Johnathan Price Demo of DSS Ethos

Look at you getting famous!

I can't get over how loud and clean my 2 12" ethos are, but your truck has got to scare the shiznit out of everyone that gets a demo. Damn nice work!!!

How you liking the 12's? I got a pair on order. getting anxious... Building enclosure as we speak. I'm having a hell of a time getting my tuning down to 32, so I settled at 33hz. Hope it doesn't affect the sound too much... I'd imagine these subs will still shine...

I'm amazed at every video i've seen with these subs. Quentin has something good going on with this line. I'm sure it won't be too long before Ethos is a very common name... I'm also sure I just bought a set of "pure pleasure!" drivers. My Camry is going to BANG! What's nice is they seem fairly musical as well. Come on and get here... I've got 4K waiting for them!

I absolutely love them! I went from a single fi bl 12 to these ( just an upgrade, loved the bl too ) and have beating them for a few months now, they surprise me all the time. I've got 5k+ songs on my iPhone and stuff that I didn't play on the Fi have become regulars on my playlist. They play EVERYTHING amazingly well. My demos start with some kind of everyday music just to show how musical they are. Then I play something to show how brutal they can be. They are on a Taramps 3k and could easily do more. To put it another way, I need to upgrade the front stage again, because I can completely drown it out. I could go on forever about them and Q himself, but ultimately the Ethos speak for themselves!

Where is the build log?

I've got some pictures ready to upload.  I pretty much finished my enclosure today.  Tonight, I've been laying down QMat to cover every single tiny hole I can find to seal the trunk properly.  I will post them tomorrow and show my progress.  I have plenty of goodies to still install, show I will lay them out and take a pic of what's to come. 

One of my Kappa 6.5's fried today.  I have a no questions asked warranty on them, so I guess I will continue to run them.  I really like how clear and loud they are, but I have NO punchy mid bass.  Any suggestions?  Something I can do before next weekend?  I have an extra Q4-120 still new in box just laying around.  I think I have plenty of highs, but the Ethos I'm sure will give them a real test.  My major need right now is some kind of "kick" to my midbass section...

Look at you getting famous!

I can't get over how loud and clean my 2 12" ethos are, but your truck has got to scare the shiznit out of everyone that gets a demo. Damn nice work!!!

How you liking the 12's?  I got a pair on order.  getting anxious... Building enclosure as we speak.  I'm having a hell of a time getting my tuning down to 32, so I settled at 33hz.  Hope it doesn't affect the sound too much... I'd imagine these subs will still shine...

I'm amazed at every video i've seen with these subs.  Quentin has something good going on with this line.  I'm sure it won't be too long before Ethos is a very common name... I'm also sure I just bought a set of "pure pleasure!" drivers.  My Camry is going to BANG!  What's nice is they seem fairly musical as well.  Come on and get here... I've got 4K waiting for them!

hell yea man i have a pair of  Ethos 12's coming also.. im so looking forward to geting them!  i have 2 months to get a box built for them and save for a nice amp to push them...have a feeling im really going to love these subs!!