Thank you. I can't wait to get it playing.

Edited by osiris10012

Thank you. I am very happy with the bracing. Only thing I regret is not investing in a good hole saw. Mine is just some cheapo I have had for as long as I can remember and it just wanted to burn through instead of cutting. Lol

I want to here how it's sounds when your done...

Take a trip to Alaska, im sure he could arrange something.

Take a trip to Alaska, im sure he could arrange something.

Haha yeah it's just a quick trip up. Lol. I would be more than happy to demo it to anyone. I'm sure it won't be to crazy, but I think it will be impressive for what it is.

So far today has been very productive. The enclosure is completely built. Now all that's left is finishing work. I started sanding, wood filling and routing but need to let the wood filler dry before I can go any further. I did a 3/8" round over on the port exit and will most likely use 1/2" round over for all the corners. Haven't decided yet. I also got an email from FedEx saying they picked up my ethos. I am super excited to get it. So far I am more the pleased with Q's customer service. He has been super helpful and his build/shipping times were spot on. Anyways here are some pics of the progress

20140707_112259_zpswxvposrh.jpg

20140707_112320_zpsj2q8umej.jpg

20140707_131940_zpslm38xsqv.jpg

20140707_132200_zpsfcs4btrt.jpg

20140707_133844_zpsyecy2qaj.jpg

20140707_144623_zpswewcgbpp.jpg

Edited by osiris10012

Good job

You sir, are about to unleash the wrath of the gods in that truck! Looking good so far!!!

Good job

You sir, are about to unleash the wrath of the gods in that truck! Looking good so far!!!

Thanks guys. I can't wait.

Got a little more done. Started putting body filler on the rough spots. Had to stop sanding since not everyone is on night shift like me. Lol. Also installed some terminals on my sky high 8 gauge speaker wire. I ended up crimping them because the shielding on this wire is very soft and wanted to melt before the solder started soaking in.

20140707_211916_zps8z1swg11.jpg

20140707_211955_zpsitne5cul.jpg

Got all the body work done and did a test fit. I have about 4" of clearance to the back of the seat where the sub will mount. Only thing I found that I dislike is that the floor has a slight slant to it. I didn't realize this when I started. It's really not a big deal, but the enclosure doesn't sit as close to the folded up seat as I wanted. Now I just have to figure out a way to secure it. Not sure how I will go about doing this. I was thinking about making a mount to bolt it to the rear seat frame.

20140709_112911_zpswom6xkcw.jpg

20140709_112549_zpsacelztjv.jpg

Impressive work !

Thank you. Can't wait for my ethos to arrive. Looks like it will get here on Monday. Can't be sure though because FedEx has changed the estimated arrival everyday so far, lol.

Great work, I think there are only a hand full of bass heads from Alaska on here.

Great work, I think there are only a hand full of bass heads from Alaska on here.

Thank you. I wish there were more. I haven't really found any up here in fairbanks. Oh well. Lol

Well I figured out a solution to my slanted floor issue. I made a 2"x18" strip to act as kind of a foot for the base of the enclosure. This strip lifted the front of the enclosure just enough. I did a test fit before I cut the piece and made it look decent. I was pleasantly surprised. Not only did it get the enclosure closer to the folded up seat, but it also made it more stable. Plus I gained an 1" of clearance to the back of my seat. Now I have 5" of clearance. Sorry I didn't take a pick of the test fit but here is one of the piece installed. I will get a pic of how it sits in the truck after the glue dries.

20140710_113313_zpseddvkcuc.jpg

Not sure if FedEx mentions it in their tracking but the package has Direct Signature so someone at the address will need to sign for it.

Not sure if FedEx mentions it in their tracking but the package has Direct Signature so someone at the address will need to sign for it.

Yep I saw that and was very happy. It shouldn't be a problem because the wife works during the day and I work night shift so there is usually someone at the house all the time. Lol

There's a black ss with a btl n3 18 in it up there. I never go up there because it's a ccostly trip.

I will definetly keep an eye open for that one.

Managed to snag a couple pics with the new foot installed and sitting in the truck.

20140710_121300_zps3z5somki.jpg

20140710_121354_zpsbpy0smlp.jpg

Thanks. I am finishing it with bedliner. With all the snow we get up here and getting mud inside from going out in the rzr I wanted something durable. I was hoping to get it sprayed tonight but I got out of work super late so it will have to wait until later in the afternoon.

very nice!

I got everything but the back sprayed with bedliner. I am extremely happy with the way it turned out. These pictures kind of suck but it's the best I could do for now.

20140712_202240_zpsm64wtt7e.jpg

20140712_202346_zpsuuhkkp06.jpg