Looking good!

Thanks sencheezy. I sure hope the ethos gets here on Monday like FedEx is estimating. I am so anxious to hear it.

Finished spraying the enclosure today. It turned out great. Then I got bored and decided to install my remote bass control. I never needed it with the e10 but I assume the ethos will. It will be nice to have the ability to adjust the amount of bass. I went with a hidden mounting location. I didn't want anyone to be able to see it. I used double sided tape and screws to secure it. I apologize in advance for how dirty the truck is. The weather has been terrible the last few weeks so I haven't been able to clean it. Anyways on to the pics.

Looking down from the drivers seat

20140713_130752_zpsa40b7zxg.jpg

Looking from outside the vehicle towards the mounting location

20140713_130803_zpspuskt9b1.jpg

The enclosure finished and drying

20140713_130855_zpsurvopy6o.jpg

20140713_130914_zpsdxau2xcd.jpg

Edited by osiris10012

My ethos just showed up. :) Took a bunch of pictures and will post them after I get home from work tonight. Everything looks great! Only thing I noticed was that the surround isn't centered with the screw holes in the basket. I would say about half the hole is covered. Not a big deal at all. I will just have to be extra careful when install the screws.

That's fine most surrounds don't have any holes at all. Use a screwdriver to clean the holes in the basket before mounting

I WANNA SEE! lol. looking forward to seeing everying installed

pics!

Alright everyone, I apologize for the wait. I just got all the pics uploaded. My first impression of this sub was basically a shock. This thing is an absolute monster, especially next to my sundown e10. The build quality is awesome and the packaging did great. The only thing that happened to the packaging was a slight tear in one corner and the bottom wood plate got a corner bent up. No big deal at all. This thing had a long journey from Louisiana to Alaska and the sub arrived perfectly fine. It sat nice and tight in the packaging. This sub is gorgeous with the chrome motor, black basket and the raised dss logo. I am almost ashamed that the motor will be hidden. Another thing I noticed was this bad boy is stiff. I can't wait to get it installed in the truck and start breaking it in. Unfortunately due to a few things I have going on I may not get it in until this weekend. Anyways enough talk and onto the pics.

IMG_2549_zps4fd8fe56.jpg

IMG_2550_zpsad37a0f3.jpg

IMG_2551_zps75dda455.jpg

IMG_2552_zps5bc0871f.jpg

IMG_2553_zps5c8b3a49.jpg

IMG_2554_zpsaea7d7bf.jpg

IMG_2555_zps7b9a2d54.jpg

IMG_2556_zpsaefb08ae.jpg

IMG_2557_zps3cefb37f.jpg

IMG_2559_zpsc0cf415b.jpg

IMG_2560_zps7c6673a9.jpg

IMG_2561_zpsfec05321.jpg

IMG_2562_zps57b35f45.jpg

IMG_2564_zps49f8bcf3.jpg

IMG_2566_zps8a6b8028.jpg

IMG_2569_zps3d9e5b73.jpg

IMG_2570_zpsa39436bb.jpg

Edited by osiris10012

Very clean work!

A suggestion on the disconnection for the wiring if I may.  The sturdiest and best connector I've found for making a quick way to disconnect an enclosure from the vehicle for removal is the Neutrik Speakon connector.  If you've never heard of them they're most commonly found on PA amps and gear so you know they're super tough.  They're also a non-shorting, non-exposed conductor type connector so it could be disconnected and left to the side without worry of it ever shorting out.  The connectors and sockets are available from PartsExpress and aren't very expensive either.  I've used them in the build for the van and in the Jimmy with great results and no issues thus far.  I will also be using them in the Traverse when that build gets going.

Keep up the great work!

Those connectors are really cool. I will have to do a bit more research on them. Curious to know how much pore they can handle.

They're rated for 40A contiuous current (like DC) and 50A of Audio signal.  Depending on the amplifier design that could be 2,500 watts and more.  It could also be less it just depends on the amplifier, it's design, and whether or not it's ran at those levels for long periods of time.

What kind of terminal do they use?  I currently use banana plugs to make my box easily removeable, but I like how these can't short out the amp.

Good looking build osiris.  Box turned out nice!

:phatyo:

Very clean work!

A suggestion on the disconnection for the wiring if I may.  The sturdiest and best connector I've found for making a quick way to disconnect an enclosure from the vehicle for removal is the Neutrik Speakon connector.  If you've never heard of them they're most commonly found on PA amps and gear so you know they're super tough.  They're also a non-shorting, non-exposed conductor type connector so it could be disconnected and left to the side without worry of it ever shorting out.  The connectors and sockets are available from PartsExpress and aren't very expensive either.  I've used them in the build for the van and in the Jimmy with great results and no issues thus far.  I will also be using them in the Traverse when that build gets going.

Keep up the great work!

Those connectors are really cool. I will have to do a bit more research on them. Curious to know how much pore they can handle.

They're rated for 40A contiuous current (like DC) and 50A of Audio signal.  Depending on the amplifier design that could be 2,500 watts and more.  It could also be less it just depends on the amplifier, it's design, and whether or not it's ran at those levels for long periods of time.

What kind of terminal do they use?  I currently use banana plugs to make my box easily removeable, but I like how these can't short out the amp.

Good looking build osiris.  Box turned out nice!

It's hard to explain, it's a proprietary connector.  Here's a picture to help with what it looks like.

PC5-11.jpg

Good stuff!!

Thanks for the compliments guys. Here are a couple more pics. I ended up getting it installed but don't have any pics of it because it is pouring down right now. I absolutely need to design a way to secure this, but at least I got it playing. I barely have any play time on it but I am extremely impressed. Even with the windows up I could feel this thing moving a lot of air while playing stuff in the 27-32 hz range. I have never felt that in any of my previous set ups. I can definetely tell it needs to loosen up a bit and I can't wait. Another thing I forgot to mention was my speaker wire is definetely overkill. I had to trim quite a bit to fit it in the ethos terminals. Fit great in the amp though. Lol

20140715_065053_zpseqx98wh1.jpg

20140715_062731_zpsmmjwapsv.jpg

20140715_062720_zps3mt29d8k.jpg

Bolt it through the floor