Sign in to follow this  
Quentin Jarrell

Ethos and Trident preorder

Did my ethos ship yet

You will have a tracking number within 10 minutes of the sub being packaged

I'm not understanding the retail and pre order pricing to my understanding if I put them on layaway I pay less but if I want to buy straight out I pay more?

Dont understand the question. Both retail and preorder pricing is listed in the first post

I'm not understanding the retail and pre order pricing to my understanding if I put them on layaway I pay less but if I want to buy straight out I pay more?

I believe you are confusing layaway with paying up front. Right now the drivers are in pre-order and if my mind serves me correctly it doesn't matter if you pay in total or layaway, you get the pre-order price. If you wait until after the drivers are in to start an order then you pay more since the drivers are out of the pre-order phase. 

Pre-order simply implies the drivers are not in hand and are due in stock at a later date (Which is explained)

Even at retail these are still one of the best bang/buck subs available today!

Did my ethos ship yet

did the Ethos start shipping early???

Did my ethos ship yet

did the Ethos start shipping early???
No I had mine on layaway before this new batch and payed it off a couple weeks ago...and I pm him but no answer so I turned into a creep and stock his last post so he can let me no if it ship... (By the way I pm you) Edited by antoinez28

Any idea of when the pre-order pricing will be over?

Probably once the subs arrive. 

I got a friend talked into an ethos 18.If he dont backpedal on me again lol,the wait time kills him lol.

What kind of response can be expected of the trident compared to the ethos? I was using winisd to model the ethos 15 in the rec'd box and it shows a peak(5.5db) at ~45hz. Not quite what I expected for the way people describe them digging low. I know cabin gain can change things. Modeling my xcon shows a very flat response and in my tahoe it seems to have a mild peak in the 50hz area. I'm just trying to make sense of what I am seeing.

preorder pricing will end when the motors arrive or 75 percent of my order is preordered.  If orders keep coming like they are I'll be sold out the first week of September.

What kind of response can be expected of the trident compared to the ethos? I was using winisd to model the ethos 15 in the rec'd box and it shows a peak(5.5db) at ~45hz. Not quite what I expected for the way people describe them digging low. I know cabin gain can change things. Modeling my xcon shows a very flat response and in my tahoe it seems to have a mild peak in the 50hz area. I'm just trying to make sense of what I am seeing.

The only thing transfer function affects is ripple by affecting Fs.  Would it also be unexpected to know that the 1m/1w Fo spec for the sub is nearly 50 hertz?  It just comes down to proper engineering.

If you want to understand my engineering process purchase a copy of the 7th edition LoudSpeaker Cookbok and look at the testing Vance and Pat Turnmire performed on drivers with different voltage input and their respected response output. 

I'll need to get that book one of these days, just never been much of a book reader. :/

preorder pricing will end when the motors arrive or 75 percent of my order is preordered.  If orders keep coming like they are I'll be sold out the first week of September.

Damn, always a little late for me.  I'll be ordering likely towards the end of September.

Any new trident info?

Any new trident info?

Nope. No info for several weeks. Motors will be here around 3rd week of October, then sample shipped for testing, then more information released.

Bump for more Ethos/Trident info! Need that fix yo!

Also, Q, it was brought to my attention, that another subwoofer manufactor, I think Shock Industries, is currently using the name of Trident. 

Also, Q, it was brought to my attention, that another subwoofer manufactor, I think Shock Industries, is currently using the name of Trident.

I see something about trident amp tech and triton subwoofer?

Yah i thought it was triton as well.

Yah i thought it was triton as well.

My googlelyness isn't that great so I couldn't know.

Regardless of the name it is the first transducer ever developed with three magnetic air gaps.

No teasers? :P

No teasers? :P

Nope. I'm still getting teased by China.

Lol. Massage parlor?

Lol. Massage parlor?

Nope. I stay in the states. They do need to tighten up though. I have 100 speakers than need to ship to anxious customers.

One good note though. I nearly have all soft parts ready to drop in once the motors arrive.