• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

1. Recent Topics

• 17 comments
        • 393 comments
        • 2 comments
        • 5 comments
        • 6 comments
        • 1 comment
  • Similar Content

• By jcarter1885
      Deadener should be here Friday. I doubt I'll get any work done since there is a car show in town this weekend but I want to do something. I will mount DSP and try to get the ground side of the Big 3 done sometime this week.

• By Funnytoe
      Anyone know of a good online place to buy audiocontrol stuff ?
      i was going to purchase a dq-61 and and epicenter for a great price from an authorized dealer. Pretty much the price of eBay . But seems like the guy now doesn't want to sell it to me at that price. 
      I don't need it installed just want to purchase both units . I'm like anyone else just looking for a great deal . But don't want to get burned on fake or used stuff. 
      Yes I completely understand that audiocontrol won't honor warranty if it's not purchased form authorized dealer. But I have not had any issues with any of there stuff in the past. 
      Anyway just wondering if any of you have purchased any audiocontrol from online retailers without any issues?
      or know of any shops that will sell at a great price?

thank you.  I apologize if I posted this on the wrong section 
    • By SnapperKing
      I just finished up with my install: 2) 12" D2 GCONS in a DC-Creations Sealed Enclosure, all installed in a 2012 Volkswagen GLI running from the factory fender audio system to a LC2i LOC and Kicker ZX1000.1 Amp w/ KnuKonceptz Kolossus Flex 0 ga kit.
      GCONS:
      Visually: I placed my order and received the speakers about 25-30 days later, just like the guys @ SSA said. Between the heavy foam surround, to the huge magnet, to the frame, they look SICK. Looks wise, I can't complain, the build quality seems to be great; real heavy duty shit here. When I bought my kicker amp from the car audio shop around the block, the guy I dealt with asked what I was running for subs. So I showed him... His eyes light up and he says, "SSA... never heard.. WOW! Those look SERIOUS!"
      DC Creations:
      Build Quality: I ordered a stage-one sealed enclosure with the flush mounting option, built to the max dimensions of my vehicle. The enclosure is around 1.3 - 1.35 ft^3 per speaker. Received it in the expected time-frame with no issues. Build quality is awesome and I really liked the way the guys at DC wired up the box for me; 2 runs of heavy gauge wiring shrink tubed right to the terminals. It was basically plug and play. The enclosure was built like a brick shit house compared to one my old prefabbed enclosures. No comparison there.
      Fitment: The GCONS slipped right into the flush mount face, wired right up, VERY EASY. It was perfect in all aspects. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
      Performance:
      Overall the installation went well; getting all the LC2i and ZX1000.1 adjustments were a pain but I finally have then fine-tuned and I couldn't be happier. This was my first sealed enclosure so I really wasn't expecting much in the area of loudness (compared to my Kicker L7s in a ported enclosure), especially running off the factory head-unit. Honestly - I'm impressed in all aspects of their performance (Enclosure and Subs). They get low, they get high, they're punchy and most importantly, they're really clean and tight; I don't understand why it took me this long to go sealed. Loudness - Unless you're competing, I can't see ever needing any more SPL than this. My car has a sunglass compartment that pops down from the headliner. When I turn up the volume - it flies open and my sunglasses fall on the floor... Every time.... Its really impressive. The rear-view mirror doesn't move around in circles like I've seen in some SPL videos but it shakes a LOT -the same goes for my side-view mirrors. A friend of mine runs a pair of 12" Alpine Type-Rs @ 600-700W each in a sealed enclosure; All I'll say is this - every time I see him now, he asks me to trade. The Type-Rs get pretty damn hot, pretty damn quickly. I'm not sure that I'd feel comfortable running them hard for any longer than 15-20 minutes at a clip.
      Last night I took a 2-3 hour road-trip running my GCONS pretty damn hard (safely of course). I felt the cones out of curiosity - BARELY WARM after 3 hours in a SEALED BOX @ 550-600W Each.
      Overall: Although they were only around 200 bucks each, I'm not sure that I'd call the GCON a budget subwoofer. The only thing budget is the price. I can only imagine how loud these would be in a ported enclosure from DC-Creations. 2 THUMBS UP AND HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
      Will try to get some GoPro videos up this weekend.
  • Recent YouTube Posts