Sign in to follow this  
Lee Carter

Bought a motorcycle

I had a Suzuki Bandit 1250 I bought new in 07...Sold it a few yrs back and have regretted it ever since.  So the past couple of yrs I have been dreaming on buying another- but I finally found one that I couldn't pass up.

I am a BIG guy- and though I loved my Bandit- I figures a sporty 'power' cruiser was in order.  Been looking at Kawasaki Mean Streaks, Victory Vegas, VTX1800

s, etc.  Ended up buying a 2003 VTX 1800C on Tuesday. Green, 11,xxx miles, windscreen, Engine LEDs, amp and speaks for mp3 player, backrest/rack(will be removed)...

Saw it Saturday, at the dealer my dad works at. Stopped in, asked the Sales Manager(Hal) if they were trading the bike in. He said no, but the guy may want to sell it. So I talked to the owner- he showed me the bike- then said he would part with it for 4 grand. I told him I needed to check my account, and took his #. Tried to call the guy later, he never returned my call.

Tuesday- went to shop to visit my dad, and let my boys see him before I came back to work(7 days on/ 7 days off here in Houma LA). Dad tells me the Hal had come back to the body shop and wanted to talk to me. I immediately realized the guy traded that bike in. 2 minutes later- Hal had tracked me down. After some talking, He told me that if I wanted the bike- they needed 3 grand for it!! They already had it bid on it from a wholesaler- but if I'd give them the same price- I could have it....SOLD. For a 800 less that what the guy said he would take...(3223 out the door)

I didn't have a helmet with me, and I have to figure out a place to put it...so I literally drove it from the dealer front, around to the Body Shop and parked it there for the week, til I get back home from work. I had so much going on at the moment that I didn't even take a picture of it.LOL So I call and had the guys send me a few pictures. Sorry for the quality....

V__18E2.jpg

V__3004.jpg

V__9B3A.jpg

V__B49D.jpg

V__B3ED.jpg

I really like that color!  I bought a brand new 2012 Yamaha Raider just about a month ago. The big cc bikes are so much fun to ride. Limitless torque, really stable on the highway! What kind of mileage do you get(if you have figured it yet)? My Raider ges between 42-45 mpg.

12Raider_zpsda2193a2.jpg

Love the Raiders.  My freind has a Stryker that I rode to see if I really wanted a cruiser.  Nice bike.  As far as the mileage- I have no Idea.  Like I said- I literally drove it from on side of the dealer lot to the other.  Reading on the VTX forums though, they do 35-42 depending on how you ride.

Since my son was born, my urge for a motor cycle went poof.

I sure miss the bikes I've had. I'd just ride for hours with nowhere to go. It like zen time for me.

LOL Aaron!  have about 3 more like me- and a motorcycle is a sweet relief from the real world.

Got home this weekend...picked the bike up from the shop Monday, and been sick the last 2 days.  have only ridden it around the block with the kiddos.

I don't do the long rides ...  but i ride around town and the local towns every weekend ..  nothing at all to put 150 miles on in a day just driving through the local towns for a few hours ..

that is cool-  I am not a long rider either.  furthest I ever go is to the beach in Pensacola(about an hr ride).  But honestly, usually just 30min-1hr rides without a destination.  It is just a lil relaxation for me.