audiohz

b stock maybe? But ordered new...

Ok so I got a set of SA 12's a few months back had originally had two e12's on my old amp but replaced the amp with a saz-1200d and my e12's was dual 2ohm so I ordered two of the new v2 dual 4ohm but find out a few days later they are out of stock.. so thinking I asked if I could just pay the difference for two new Sa12's I was told sure. . So now after having them and meeting a few other people's that have sa's looking at mine it almost looks like I was sent B stock . Im not pointing blame would just like to know because I paid for grade A.. I cant post pictures right now but the gule around the dust cap one one is kinda sloppy and on the other one it looks like a drop of glue is on the cone.. I dont know if this is normal for this sub because I haven't seen anyone else's in person like this. Im sure sundown will make it right if I was sent the wrong ones but its the weekend and just curious if anyone on here might know...

you should probably contact them directly. personally I wouldn't be happy with a sloppy glue job. 

you should probably contact them directly. personally I wouldn't be happy with a sloppy glue job.

I did contact them late yesterday. Brandon emailed back I sent pictures and information im waiting on a reply. On here I was just asking how everyone else's look for curiosity. Im not bashing anyone I want to get that out there for sure I have nothing bad to say about sundown audio some of the best sounding subs and amps I've ran.

Honestly that's really not outside of normal glue jobs looks like someone had a small drip and wiped up the excess. Normally Sundown will take them out of the box and inspect them and put them back in, so there is room for small things like that to slip through the crack.

Honestly that's really not outside of normal glue jobs looks like someone had a small drip and wiped up the excess. Normally Sundown will take them out of the box and inspect them and put them back in, so there is room for small things like that to slip through the crack.

IDk maybe im wrong for feeling this way but I believe paying $200 for a 12 inch sub when get one two years later being its the same model I should have an identical twin! When I order two at the same time should be identical.

IDk maybe im wrong for feeling this way but I believe paying $200 for a 12 inch sub when get one two years later being its the same model I should have an identical twin! When I order two at the same time should be identical.

I wouldn't say you were wrong per-say, but I have a feeling that sundown might tell you the same.

I wouldn't say you were wrong per-say, but I have a feeling that sundown might tell you the same.
hope not I got these subs for the look also . The look not is not A quality. .. if this is A stock I hate to see B stock lol... I spent a lot on a custom enclosure an would like my subs to not only sound but look flawless.

I ran old school rockford hx and hx power back in the day and replaced a few here and there and they always looked perfect. Maybe my standards are to high .

I cant really understand this as A stock though ... when I read the description of what they sell as B stock well this is what I have.

From everyone ive personally spoke with sundown is really good about customer care and will most likely take care of it I hope.. I really dont want to buy two more just to try to have a flawless matching pair...

We inspect every single driver and there are tolerances for what passed and what does not.

This driver would not fail as a B-stock -- even then most people getting our B-Stock are amazed we failed those units.

Just my opinion but that looks pretty normal and expected to me.

B stock to me would be uber obvious cosmetic things or ANYTHING that changes the performance.

Can't say that either of those fit in that category.