gsWes

New amp! 4 channels 4 gains??

Just got the new four channel in! Im confused as to how to set four gains when ill be bridging the amp to run my H.a.t. Clarus's into two channels. The gains are all the way down now so they are all equal. Amp sounds great as is but just a tad lite on gain. The amp btw is a Arc audio ks 125.4 mini.

Edited by gsWes

I'd be surprised if the manual states you need to adjust 4 when bridging.

Im not positive, but I beleve the 4 separate gains are there if you're running a active set up and need to adjust the the mids and tweeters so that they blend together. But I could be wrong

Im not positive, but I beleve the 4 separate gains are there if you're running a active set up and need to adjust the the mids and tweeters so that they blend together. But I could be wrong

yep thats how it works. but the question is, in bridged mode do just 2 or 4 control gain. i assume 2

Edited by lithium

I would also say 2. Becacse you would be using 2 chanels.

The manual doesnt say. If i were running the amp in four channel mode, there is a gain for every channel. So now in theory, since its bridged, i have two gains per speaker. Weird! Never seen an amp like this, normally you have a separate front and rear gain pot only.

Why didn't you go with a nice 2 channel amplifier ?

Because im gonna run the comps active soon! I just gotta find either a propper hu or crossover setup.. What i did was tweak the gains and even them all out with a multi meter then re bridged them. Friggen amp and comp setup sounds amazing! Even off the jvc hu im running now. This amp makes 250x2 bridged so i have PLENTY of head room.

Because im gonna run the comps active soon! I just gotta find either a propper hu or crossover setup.. What i did was tweak the gains and even them all out with a multi meter then re bridged them. Friggen amp and comp setup sounds amazing! Even off the jvc hu im running now. This amp makes 250x2 bridged so i have PLENTY of head room.