Sign in to follow this  
YMforshort

18 inch ethos

So Ijust purchased a new to me 04 tahoe, and I'm planning my new system. I'm set on two 18 inch ethos what should I shoot for on the box and what are some good amp rec.? Basically it's gonna be a daily system bump on my way to work and back etc. Thanks in advance.

p.s

I was looking at the Soundqubed 3500

Edited by YMforshort

Do you have a budget in mind? 

Maybe 800-1200 for amp will be adding two xs d6500 one up front one in hatch. And a mechman 270 amp h.o alt with multiple runs of welding supply 1/0

Maybe 800-1200 for amp will be adding two xs d6500 one up front one in hatch. And a mechman 270 amp h.o alt with multiple runs of welding supply 1/0

Sounds good. i would look into a 5-6k rms amp rated. That would give you enough real world head room to play with and would be damn loud!

5 cft net per driver tuned to 30 hz.

A Soundqubed 3500 would be plenty for these subs in a daily setup and be plenty loud. 

A Soundqubed 3500 would be plenty for these subs in a daily setup and be plenty loud.

x2, no need for more power unless competing.

Na i wont be competing. Just bumping for my pleasure and maybe some demos on the weekend.

oops, feel free to delete, forgot to switch windows before posting, LOL.

If used I will be selling my 2 crescendo bc2000's in a week...if you want them pm me

i also enjoy headroom,
 the problem is with a  newbie, head room because " well... ill just turn it up a little more... a little more.. damn thats loud!"

then the next week you read a new topic about  sub problems.....             

so while head room may make sense for some of us,  limitations are a good thing in some cases,

i agree, for daily 3Kis would be damn loud, and sounds great and impress the hell out of you and your friends,

i would  focus more on in enclouser , more then wattage

BTW,   i like the fact that you have your electrical back bone in mind... slayer.gif