rich00

Ok so i have limited space and power for 2 tens

Hey guys I haven't a system like this ever.  I have http://www.atrendusa.com/bbox/vehicle-specific-carpeted/dodge?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=203&category_id=59.  So only like .6ft^3 each.  I need some subs that are no more than say $130 each and will work with 250-300 each.  I thought about reusing my amp the jl xd 500/3 300x1 at 2 ohm.  But I don't think that will be enough power for 2 subs.  I need to watch the mounting depth as well.  No more than 5.75" with vented pole piece.  I thought about JL 10w1v3 or 10w3v3.  Im not a big fan of jl subs but they work great in this enclosure size.  It is going in a 2007 dodge ram 1500 quad cab. 

I know that it is a prefab box and two sealed 10's but im just looking for a good sound and not very expensive.  I used to be into the custom ported boxes and bass that would rattle your fillings loose just not anymore.  Im poor now and have gotten away from spending all kinds of money on car audio

I would suggest the Dcon 10s if you could up your budget by 20 bucks on each sub. You will really like the sound quality and the specs of the dcon work perfect with the box you have selected.

Yeah but that puts me over $300 for subs and I just don't want to do that. They are $159 ea.  My total was hopefully $250 and down.  But hey if it doesn't happen.

What about the HDS200 series from soundqubed? theyre only gunna run you 200 for the pair and as you can tell someone already has seen an improvement over the JLs theyve had.

Quote taken from the site:

These subs are great! Previously owned a pair of JL 10w0's and the hds210s greatly surpass those! Installed these into the custom box I built tuned to 32 hz and wired them to 1ohm and the lows are amazing. Shaking the crap out of my car for a couple of 10s!

I knew there was something with those 6.25" mounting depth I don't trust a .5" behind sub with vented pole piece. Also I see no mention of a sealed box especially one as small as I'm using. What do you think?

Edited by rich00

I knew there was something with those 6.25" mounting depth I don't trust a .5" behind sub with vented pole piece. Also I see no mention of a sealed box especially one as small as I'm using. What do you think?

very true good sir, I was just looking at their sealed specs and it doesnt list them. So i am not sure if it is not recommended to have them in such enclosures or if its just not listed.

I was also going to recommend the SD series from sundown. but they also do not like sealed boxes.

Im really gunna have to say your best off with the dcons off woofersect. they are 147 each with free shipping. mounting depth works too.

ok well I do a little more looking at the dcon's.  I have a FI X 10" but the basket is too big and FI isn't sell this X anymore.  So 2 is out of the question.  I had it in 1.25ft^3 tuned to 33hz and it was alright.  I didn't have enough power but it did the job.  Im just afraid ill do the same thing with these subs especially if I spend this much on subs.  My amp is $175 if I buy the alpine m500d or something.  The newest alpine.  That would give me more power but im afraid that these dcon's are gonna need more power than that. 

they are only 300 rms. if your content on that alpine amp and have 500 watts to work with, buying 2 S4s and wiring to 2 ohm would be your best bet. You can always upgrade to say a 750 watt amp down the road when you got the cash.

I know how you feel with changing from a ported box to a sealed box. but sq is what your going for and those Dcons can really provide that.

So im gonna have to buy a new amp for these dcon subs.  Man this isn't as fun as it used to be for me.

Take a look into SoundQubed HDS200's. Cheap and efficient woofers. Hits nice on the meter too.

that jl amp is fine, nothing wrong with running that kind of power to the sub. if you're going to drop $175 on a new amp than get something like a ppi 1000.1 (or something else that does 1000+w @2ohm) over the alpine. 300w vs 500w wont be audible, while ~1000w would be, assuming the subs can handle it. 

nothing wrong with looking at the mainstream stuff if you need to keep it cheap. model up some jl, alpines, etc. maybe they got something that can work better.

Have thought about 2 Dcon first generation 12's in that same box with polly fill. Im running mine in in about .8cuft each with 1/2pound polly fill sealed. Sounds great. I'll sell you mine for a cheap price. Tring to move up to Gcons.

Have thought about 2 Dcon first generation 12's in that same box with polly fill. Im running mine in in about .8cuft each with 1/2pound polly fill sealed. Sounds great. I'll sell you mine for a cheap price. Tring to move up to Gcons.

I'm not buying 12's. I went with jl audio 10w0v3 or 10w1v3. I have the w0's now but can return them and get the w1 which is what I may do.

I gotta second the motion on the Dcons. I'm running 2 12s off a Kenwood 5 channel that's only pushing 300 to them. Noone can believe it's only 300 watts and the sq is AMAZING! They are ported though. Shakes the car pretty good for sure.

How about a single 12". $250 buys you a real 12.

I already have the box for my truck it is 2 10's. 

I already have the box for my truck it is 2 10's.

So sell it, buy a sheet of MDF for $40, some carpet for $10, and build a box for a 12. That'll up your budget and let you shop for even better drivers.