rich00

JL vs sundown vs image dynamics 10's

9 members have voted

1. 1. which would you choose for this application

• id10v3
    • sundown e10
    • jl audio 10w1v3

Ok so i have narrowed down my search to JL 10w1v3, sundown e10, or id10v3. They are all very similiar in price. Please don't bash jl saying they overpriced and the such. I would like real opinions on these subs. I have .63ft^3 before displacement for each sub. There is no other box or anything like that. This is what i have and im gonna use. I have a jl xd 500/3 that I can use. That amp would be fine for the id10's or the jl. The sundowns would need a bigger amp i realize that.

All of this is in a 2007 ram 1500 quad cab. I have a prefab atrend bbox under the rear seats. I know this site is very sundown and ssa heavy in recomendations but the dcon is out of my price range and I don't really want to buy a new amp. I will if it comes down to it though. I have modeled them out on win isd and they are all very similar in response curve and spl curve. The id10 modeled out the best of all of them.

No JL bashing here that I know of, hell some of us have a JL collection. :)

No JL bashing here that I know of, hell some of us have a JL collection. smile.png

That's good to hear.  Ive never had jl subs but i can buy these new 10w1v3 very cheap.  Like $100 each.

I have a pair of 10w3 sealed and they sounded pretty good to me. A little pricey for what they are, but they took extra power very well. They came with a vehicle I bought so it worked out ok.

My dealer buddy told me I can buy the 10w1v3 for $100 each. That is $79 cheaper than the id10. Basically the same money as the sundown e v2.

Those subs aren't comparable at all. Seriously depends on your application.

Can't you fit a single 12 of better quality than the above for the same budget?

I'd also seriously figure out how good of a deal you could get on the w6's...

Those subs aren't comparable at all. Seriously depends on your application.

Can't you fit a single 12 of better quality than the above for the same budget?

I'd also seriously figure out how good of a deal you could get on the w6's...

What do you mean the subs aren't comparable?

I think he's stuck between the jl and id10

I am stuck between the jl 10w1v3 and id10 v3.  they are very comparable. 

Not so much when you compare all the specs such as QTS and VAS. You are only looking at Price and RMS values.

The JL woofer requires much less space per woofer. If you have done the work already and the ID modeled the best then go for it. Do you mind posting the graphs from each woofer?

Not so much when you compare all the specs such as QTS and VAS. You are only looking at Price and RMS values.

The JL woofer requires much less space per woofer. If you have done the work already and the ID modeled the best then go for it. Do you mind posting the graphs from each woofer?

Well i can when i get home.  Ill just screenshot them correct?

Well here they are modeled.  I used one sub per and 150 watts.  Box size based on my .63 minus displacements roughly from my memory. 

Also I have been doing this a long time but never truly understood the T/S parameters of a sub.  Care to explain what you were talking about?

BTW thanks for everyones help and input.  I visit multiple sites and this thread has the best answers of any of them.  Most are like just take out your backseat and put a 15" or why not 2 12's or other stuff im not even gonna consider.   I am using 2 tens sealed with 300 watts for now.  That is subject to change though.  Depending on which subs I buy also

Well here they are modeled.  I used one sub per and 150 watts.  Box size based on my .63 minus displacements roughly from my memory. 

Also I have been doing this a long time but never truly understood the T/S parameters of a sub.  Care to explain what you were talking about?

BTW thanks for everyones help and input.  I visit multiple sites and this thread has the best answers of any of them.  Most are like just take out your backseat and put a 15" or why not 2 12's or other stuff im not even gonna consider.   I am using 2 tens sealed with 300 watts for now.  That is subject to change though.  Depending on which subs I buy also

post-15959-0-43301100-1406593811_thumb.j

Why aren't you modeling them in their boxes? Don't use that power and distance stuff.

Click the box tab and just put in the airspace. Then post another pic.

Actually you probably put in the box specs. Just put the power back down to 1 watt

When I did 1 watt all it changed was the db level. The freq response was exactly the same. Do you want the gain tab showing or what?

Also they are in .58 boxes roughly.

Here is the model with 2 subs in boxes about the right size with 1 watt of power the gain and spl tab.

post-15959-0-88182300-1406686713_thumb.j

post-15959-0-36385500-1406686722_thumb.j

Well today is the day.  I'm gonna go try to pick up the rest of my equipment.  See my sig for details unless someone makes a good case.  I am buying the jl 10w1v3 4 for $100 each.

My dealer buddy told me I can buy the 10w1v3 for $100 each. That is $79 cheaper than the id10. Basically the same money as the sundown e v2.

So the ID is more expensive that the Dcon, but the Dcon is out of your budget?

I vote JL.

You got suckered into posting by someone voting, lol.  Old ass thread.