Sign in to follow this  
Peteyglad

My Little Install

Well, I will warn you, the install is kinda messy at the moment. I am changing boxes and such so often it is not worth cleaning up the mess after each setup:) Once I find a good box I will mend that though and make her look respectable.

As of now I compete in IASCA stock 0-160 and have hit 3 shows. The highest with 1 amp was at the Greg Welch World Record event in Marietta, GA and on the AC-190 I did a 141.7. This is with a stock alt and battery. I have also recently joined MEca and will compete in the S5 class. My 1st show is june 4th in Dothan, AL.

Recently I have retuned the box and added a 2nd amplifier. Next on the list is a Kinetik 2400. Just ran out of spare money this check. For some strange reason I have a nasty voltage problem now :Doh:

Here are the install.

Deck - basic Alpine CDE-9843

Line Driver - the faithful RW Audio LD2.4MS"burp"

Subs - (4) Elemental Designs EU-700's

Amps - (2) Elemental Designs NINe.1's

The pic of the amps was taken recently but the box design has changed slighty. I enlarged the port area and it is right at 78 Sq. in of port.

1243_64.jpg

1243_60.jpg

Edited by Peteyglad

is that the box that alows you to burp the system . *squints at pic*

The RW Audio piece lets me burp the system with no need for a remore control or pause button. It has a switch that either let's the audio signal pass to the amps uninterrupted or it can be flipped to cut off signal to the amps so that there is no sound coming from the subs until you push the button.

Here is a better picture of one of my other line drivers. It should make it a little easier on the eyes, no squinting required:)1243_65.jpg

How do you like the 700's? Pretty interesting way to break the 140 realm.

Well, I have only used them for SPL purposes so I can't give an accurate review of them as a whole. I can say that the do have quite a bit of excursion and in the right applications can handle quite a bit of power. I would like to compare them to the Mpyre 65X sub. As a value though for $50 a pop so far I think they would do very good for someone looking to get a little thump in their trunk without spending a lot and have a little "wow" factor.

Hopefully at the double point IASCA event on the 17th of June I will be in the 145 realm:)

neat stuff, especially that burp box :P

good luck with the 145, that'd be awesome with those 6.5" drivers.

that's a pretty good number for such small speakers, especially speakers from eDuh.

very interesting install, cant wait to see your results

Well, I ordered a Kinetik 2400 to help with the voltage problem and that should arrive Wednesday. Should stabilize things abit. I bought some of the Stinger Xpert series battery terminals that accept dual 0 guage. Very nice. I also changed out some of the wiring to have everything color matched:) Everything should be ready for a MECA show in Dothan next weekend. Will post some pics when everything is installed.

Sunday the 4th in Dothan I did a 143.8 in the kick at a MECA event on the Termlab. Slowly getting louder. Should be a touch louder with a new battery that I have been waiting for almost 2 weeks now :ughdunno:

And if anywayone wants a RW line driver give me a shout. He is doing a small limited edition run as long as I can get 10 orders together.

thats a good number, keep going!

do think you have a 145 in it?

The goal is a 145 on the dash with either the AC-190 or the Termpro. I think she has it in her.