Budah93

New speaker set up?

I was running a set of type r 6.5 components that I got from a friend for a steal. They're starting to go out on me so I'm looking to redo the set up. I'm looking to spend preferably no more than 200 on the speakers and around 200-250 on the amp. I'm willing to budge a little bit if it's worth the money. I really liked the type rs but if you guys have better suggestions for me I'm always open to those! Thanks guys!

Can you rate the type R's on a scale from 1-10 for how they sound to you? Why not get a new set if you liked them?

Try putting together your own based around the type r crossovers. Parts express is a good place to start

I was running a set of type r 6.5 components that I got from a friend for a steal. They're starting to go out on me so I'm looking to redo the set up. I'm looking to spend preferably no more than 200 on the speakers and around 200-250 on the amp. I'm willing to budge a little bit if it's worth the money. I really liked the type rs but if you guys have better suggestions for me I'm always open to those! Thanks guys!

What do you mean by going out on you?

They're really old and just need replaced that's all

i'm also looking at maybe getting a set of Polk Audio DB6501's or Incriminator Audio I Series 6.5's. I'll most likely end up going with one of those 3...thoughts? also any amp suggestions? i was previously running on a walmart amp i had laying around, looking to step it up this time around.

Try putting together your own based around the type r crossovers. Parts express is a good place to start

worst idea ever, crossovers cannot be used with different drivers

They're really old and just need replaced that's all

speakers don't get "old" hell I still slam some that are probably older than you.

They had some holes when I bought them and they've gotten worse that's what I meant by old

Holes?  What sort.  Some repairs are teh easy.  A picture is worth a thousand words though.

I've already taken them out and given them away. The sound quality went down so I'm strictly looking for a new set up at this point

Edited by Budah93

It seeem to me if you find speakers with a lot of the same specs. The crossover should work fine, if im wrong please explain. Thanks

Do based on the 3 I mentioned which ones would you guys choose or suggest in the price range and what amp would you run on them?

Can you just use the amp you already have, and step your budget up for the speakers, and sound deadener if needed ?

You will find a good deal on an amp later.

It is hard to tell you what to buy. Go listen to what you can, in shops, in friends cars, and tell us what you liked or disliked. Then people will be able to help you .

I like Focal sets, but they can be expensive.

I'd like to listen to the JBL GTI 608 sets : I found one set for $209 recently on eBay, but I don't need one, so I did not get it.  I'm sure they can be loud, and sound good. But who can say he will like those, without listening ?

They were much more expensive when they were new on the market.

It seeem to me if you find speakers with a lot of the same specs. The crossover should work fine, if im wrong please explain. Thanks

A crossover made for one speaker to cross at 1500Hz could easily be at 3000Hz for another. Any real crossover design will be done in situ. The drivers change greatly even in their mounting environment. Those crossovers were junk in the first place and definitely won't work with any generic drivers from PE.

I've already taken them out and given them away. The sound quality went down so I'm strictly looking for a new set up at this point

If you really liked them new, just get another set. Any other recommendation that anyone gives you will just be personal on what they have as you haven't given us any information that we could use to help. Sad part with this though is that for next to no dough you could have just fixed the ones you have.

I'm only buying one comp set. As previously stated I was using a dual amp so I need something different and the doors are already sound deadened

What information do you guys need?

I haven't posted in a while, but I will to make your life easier.

Look back at the answers you've gotten already, really read them.

M5 has given the answer that applies to your question.

You haven't taken the time to give any explanation as to what you like or would like to improve, therefore, no one can help.

Take some time, think about your next post after reading m5's sig.

Put some effort into what you like/want and maybe you'll receive some help you can use to your benefit.

good luck.

Edited by cobra93

I've got the component set figured out I'm just gonna get the type rs again but what about an amp. Ant suggestions for that

You will be disappointed with the Polk db's in the midbass department coming from the type-r. I can't comment on the IA's.

If you want suggestions, give us details to what you liked and didn't like about the type-r's.

Missed your last post. lol

The PPI 900.4 amp is on sale the last I looked.

i'm looking at the Rockford Fosgate ps300x2 for the alpines...any thoughts on this amp?

watts are watts. get what ever you like