Sign in to follow this  
cloud77

BTL UFO motor styles pie vs single plate

I know there were two different designs of the ferrite sandwich in the UFO driver.

Pie shaped slugs and a single slate of ferrite.

I heard the single slate had more motor force. 

If the pie slice and the single slice were ran with the same parts would there be a problem?

I have the pie motor, aren't those cooling channels?

No, I think they changed the design so an impact to the slug doesn't crack the whole thing.

No, I think they changed the design so an impact to the slug doesn't crack the whole thing.

That happened to me :(

o_o

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By jcarter1885
      Slow build, but wanted to get a build log going.

• By Travis
      Whats happening at the build house that everything has an eta of  july i believe? A little dissapointed by this... are they that swamped? 
    • By Burke
      1. Product: 2 Fi SP4 18s with Carbon Fiber Dust Caps
      2. Specs: Both are dual 1 ohm (0.7 ohm)
      3. Description/Condition: Ran them for a little under a year on low power (Audioque 2200). Magnets have some scratches but the surrounds, baskets, spiders, and coils are in excellent condition. Does not include the original gaskets. A couple of the pictures are next to a 10" Kicker "Competition" (lol) for size comparison.
      I threw out the original boxes some time ago, but Fi was nice enough to send me two brand new boxes to ship them in. So these will ship in original Fi packaging.
      7/10 Cosmetically
      10/10 Mechanically
      4. Price: Asking $900 SHIPPED OBO for the pair. Because they are dual 1 ohm, I would like to keep them as a pair. NO TRADES, just trying to get rid of all my stuff.
      I'm located in Huntsville, AL 35810. Would be willing to drive to meet someone within reason.
      5. Pictures:

• By CandyGang916
      First post here at SSA. Looking for some help, I need to build an enclosure for my new sub and am looking for some help on a design. I can give up 34.5w X 20d X 15.5 OD max. I'm looking to get tuned to 32hz @ 2.5 cubes. I am going to be starting this build in the morning any help is greatly appreciated. I can't wait to hear this thing come to life. Just looking to get some help so I can visualize what I'm building. I will mess around with some numbers on Torres and try to post them up. 
      It will be going in a Toyota Corolla and running off a crescendo s1500.1 so 1500w. Mostly hip hop music is what I listen to. 
      Also, I work out of my car and have to use my trunk so I have to have my sub facing forward (into the car) to prevent the sub getting damaged. My current port is side firing but I would like to have this one facing forward. I'm open to any recommendations. 

• Who's Online   0 Members, 1 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online