Sign in to follow this  
sundownclown

what will i need to power my Ampere Audio AA-3,800.1

Ok so i got my aa-3,800.1 this is my first system where i will need to upgrade my electrical.. i dont have to much more money i can play with so what will i deff need to power this amp? i will be pushing two 12 DSS Ethos.. and i have a alpine 4 channel for highs... not trying to half ass it but i dont have much doe i can spend.. i have asked a few people but i get differnt answers...  so what do u guys think ill deff need?

If you cant afford everything right now, I would buy a voltmeter to monitor voltage. If you are dropping to low, turn it down. You can always add more as you can afford. What is the stock alternator amp rating? 

Why not just wire the ethos to a higher ohm load until you buy the batts you need?

If you cant afford everything right now, I would buy a voltmeter to monitor voltage. If you are dropping to low, turn it down. You can always add more as you can afford. What is the stock alternator amp rating? 

ok so what is to low for voltage?

Why not just wire the ethos to a higher ohm load until you buy the batts you need?

im getting the dual 1ohm ethos.. what other way can i wire them and not need upgraded alternator and batterys??

The big3 is a good cheap start. Proper rated wiring to the amp of course. Alternator and/or a second battery if you have the cake for it.

im getting the dual 1ohm ethos.. what other way can i wire them and not need upgraded alternator and batterys??

Wire them all in series to 4ohms.  Yes, that's probably at best 1000w but something is better than nothing.

Whenever i would test for competition, i would always wire in series to pull less power so voltage drop wasn't a variable in my testing.

ok i still have a few months till the subs come hopfully i can save for a new alternator and a few batterys....so what a bad voltage?? whats normal and what bad? i was hoping that if i get a redtop battery for under hood... and say a good deep cycle battery for back and a better alternator that would be good... but i guess ill have to see when i get it all togther smile.png i wish all i needed was a few batterys but i think I AM A deff need a high output alt with my amp.. thanks for getting back guys! man i swear im addicted to this stuff.. lol thats all i think about... i must spend a 3+ hours a day reading info online..

Edited by sundownclown

The extra battery and/or HO alt really depends on your listening style. If you only crank it when driving go with the alt first, if you are going to park and pound then I would do the extra batt first.

Is a good hobby to keep you busy and sober! ;)

First thing to do is the big three and then an alternator. It'll be a waste of money buying a battery before an alternator. I personally use Mike Singer for alternators and will recommend him for all of my customers.

First thing to do is the big three and then an alternator. It'll be a waste of money buying a battery before an alternator. I personally use Mike Singer for alternators and will recommend him for all of my customers.

ok Q i trust u buddy! big 3 the alternator.. then ill worry bout batterys

The extra battery and/or HO alt really depends on your listening style. If you only crank it when driving go with the alt first, if you are going to park and pound then I would do the extra batt first.

Is a good hobby to keep you busy and sober! wink.png

this deff is a great hobby to keep me busy and my mind off shit.. car audio is my new drug! :)