Sign in to follow this  
sundownclown

trading my truck for a buick roadmaster!

so I have a ford f150 single cab.. I have nothing for room.. I had to sundown sa 10's in it and it just wasnt enough for me.. So I ordered the 12's DSS Ethos :) I really want a car so my friend is gonna trade me his 1994 buick roadmaster it had only 120,000 miles and it already has all the wires ran I need for this new setup and he has 2 10's beyma loudspeakers with a old skool autotek amp from the early 90's.. So thats pretty sweet.. Anyways the car is huge.. So I will have more then enough room for what im getting... so I think it would be a great idea to get the DSS Ethos 15's instead of the 12's I ordered... What do u guys think? Should I go with the 15's..  Hopfully I can change my order to the 15's.. Has anyone else changed there order to the 15's?? o and my boy is gonna give me 400$ cash on top the deal.. So I figured that will help buy for a new HO alternator I will need... 

Or you could sell your truck and buy a car. Truck is probably worth more than the car.

Or you could sell your truck and buy a car. Truck is probably worth more than the car.

yea i been trying to sell my truck for months.. no one is looking for trucks near me... i been had it on craigslist for a while.. kelly blu book its 3,500$ im asking 3,000$ and still kno one is even intrested... its in great shape and runs great too... and i just put a nice alarm in it and cd player.. all new polk audio 5x7's... only think is its not 4x4 and it has 162,000... i think people see the miles and get scared

Why not just build a blowthru?

J

J

X2!!

I have a '94 Roadmaster. Sucks as an audio car. Trunk has a funny layout with the spare tire and hump for the rear axle. Door panels are fragile. Not much space in the door stock. Kick panels don't have much room because of the humps for the frame rails. I started a build log on here but haven't made it very far...LOL

Oh, and it's TERRIBLE in the winter.

J

i would love to do a blowthough but dont have the cash for it...  sad.png im not trading my truck now.. gonna wait to find something else.. the 1994 buick roadmaster is even worse the my truck on gas! only thing good about that car is there is mad room for subs and amps in trunk..  hope to get a car soon tho

Edited by sundownclown

J

i would love to do a blowthough but dont have the cash for it...  :( im not trading my truck now.. gonna wait to find something else.. the 1994 buick roadmaster is even worse the my truck on gas! only thing good about that car is there is mad room for subs and amps in trunk..  hope to get a car soon tho

Do it your self

J

i would love to do a blowthough but dont have the cash for it...  :( im not trading my truck now.. gonna wait to find something else.. the 1994 buick roadmaster is even worse the my truck on gas! only thing good about that car is there is mad room for subs and amps in trunk..  hope to get a car soon tho

Oh, yeah, in the winter I get 16-17mpg, in the summer around 19mpg. And that's 90% highway driving.

I still vote YES for 2 Ethos 15s, or 18slifter.gif

J

i would love to do a blowthough but dont have the cash for it...  sad.png im not trading my truck now.. gonna wait to find something else.. the 1994 buick roadmaster is even worse the my truck on gas! only thing good about that car is there is mad room for subs and amps in trunk..  hope to get a car soon tho

Do it your self

way over my head boss... or i would 

J

Do it your self

way over my head boss... or i would

There are literally hundreds of tutorials about it, and enough people on here who have done it. Ask for help in designing, and building it and you will get it. Hell you might even have members in the area willing to help.

J

well didnt end up trading my friend.. but i didn sell my truck yesturday and i got a new car today!! its kinda small :( but other then hat its nice.. runs great and looks great.. its a 1998 honda accord with 119,000 miles.. very well takin care off car.. well this is what ill be putting my new setup in now.. so i have 42 inches in length.. 18 inches in depth.. and 18 inches in height.. will that be enough room for my two 15s Ethos?? 

had my box builder checked my trunk out and i wont be able to fit the 15's plus 2 amps and battery so... im going to be switching back to the 12's smile.png im sure it will still hit hard!! man only a lil over a month left!! im counting these daysadhd.gif so many people are dying to hear them.. xmas in october! hey question how much does it cost to have a alternator installed?  im a noob when it comes to car anything really but if its not to hard i mite give it a try.. im hoping its easy or not to much $$ cause im running out of $$$ i still need to get a box built.. get another bettery for under hood.. and get a deck.. o and i need battery terminals and i think thats about it for now.. still waiting on my sky high 1/0 ofc amp kit and big 3 kit..                   i ordered it but they are out for a few more weeks but no rush really still have till oct till i can start.. for the back i have a blockshakers battery i was thinking of getting a red top battery for under my hood.. i only have about 200$ to spend on a under hood battery sad.png                              so yesturday i went to this place called werks auto sound near me.. i think its the best shop in my state for sure the owner nick is super cool dude too.. i guess u can say it was my first demo!! hahaha!! cause i never really heard many systems in my life.. i mean yea i heard a few over the years but it sounded great! think he had 2 DC XL 15's on a DC 2k and a DC 4 channel on some CT sounds tweets and mids.. he said i could come by the shop when ever which was super cool! i would love to learn some things

Edited by sundownclown

Nobody can tell you what someone in your area will charge to install an alternator. Call around to different shops and get quotes.

Nobody can tell you what someone in your area will charge to install an alternator. Call around to different shops and get quotes.

have not called around yet.. i just figured someone on here could give me a clue on how much it may cost

I would call around first to get accurate results. Every shop has different labor costs etc. Depends on how easy it is to get to alt and so on. Its hard to guess and what I get mine done for you probably wont or vice versa.

Assuming you have a 4 cylinder.

If you have any mechanical skill you could do it yourself. There's 2 bolts that hold the power steering pump, take it off then 2 more bolts to get the alt off. Just make sure to unhook the battery. Extremely easy on that car.

Assuming you have a 4 cylinder.

If you have any mechanical skill you could do it yourself. There's 2 bolts that hold the power steering pump, take it off then 2 more bolts to get the alt off. Just make sure to unhook the battery. Extremely easy on that car.

yea u are rite i looked today and it looks crazy easy.. i think ill just do it my self and save the doe :) i picked up a die hard plat agm for under my hood today and a new deck.. and 200 amp alt.. only thing left is get box built and wait for the ethos!!!!

my sky high 1/0 OFC just came today! yea buddy! 

well October is coming up fast!! :) and i have everything  but my H/O alt which should be here in a week or so and still need to have a box made.. o and need to get an alarm installed.. im soo amped up for this system man u have no idea! i have always wanted a decent setup and its alomost here.. rite now im only running stock 6 1/2's and alpine 6x9's in back.. i need some bass back! want to thank evryone for awnswering my questions i really appreciate that.. there are some good people on this site.. and a HUGE thanks to Quentin for helping me out i kno i can be a pain in the ass sometimes ;) not to much longer and ill be reppin my DSS Ethos!! 

well every things ready now! :) JS ultimate 200 amp alternator... die hard platinum under hood.. sky high big 3 kit.. 0 gauge OFC... sky high 0 gauge OFC amp kit kenwood 6 1/2's in front doors. two 6x9's back pioneer's.. with a alpine 4 channel hooked to them... just got my box for my DSS Ethos 12's!! i cant wait to get them!!!! box is made from baltic birch.. 3.05 cubes... tuned to 32.3 HZ.. double baffle... 45's... and 4 binding posts... bass amp is the ampere audio 3,800.1D... o and deck is a pioneer also.. with two blockshakers group 31's for in trunk... i have the alt hooked up... big 3 done.. amp wires ran and rca's.. decks in.. door speakers are in.. 4 channels in.. only thing is get subs mount them in box and hook up bass amp and batterys in trunk!!! cant waitadhd.gif

Post a build log and show us the progress.

Post a build log and show us the progress.

yea will tonight once i send my pics to my laptop.. im working both of jobs today so wont be till after work 11pm east 

Edited by sundownclown