hdrox88

RCA choices

I was looking on the SSA store and was curious about the soundrive cables. They are on the pricey side, my question, are they worth it? Would the sound really improve as they lead you to believe? I've always run twisted pair, currently RF brand, never used coax before. From what I have read, if there isn't an existing noise issue, most any cable will do. Though, the only info I run across seems like it's all just speculation.  I just moved my amps around and now my current rca cables are way too long.

Short answer is no. Rca's all do the same job. It's when you introduce noise is when some will do better than others with shielding. If you take care to run a 5 dollar pair it can do just as well as a 100 dollar pair.

http://www.amazon.com/65300-DIRECTED-AUDIO-QUALITY-CABLE/dp/B000ITZICS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1407933427&sr=8-3&keywords=directed+audio+rca

65300 DIRECTED AUDIO 2 CH 1.5 FOOT HI QUALITY RCA JACK CABLE DEI PPI ORION A/D/S

31Cy6YCqOuL.jpg

choice i use. 

I had thought about monoprice, but since it will be a little tight under my center console I am looking for good flexibility.

I use all Rockford RCA's as well. They look nice, Grip well, but not to much. And look good. 

Depending on your application and budget, they may or may not be "worth it" for you.

All of our cables are shielded, constructed with very nice cable and connectors that tightly grip RCA jacks, and come with a lifetime warranty. Personally, I would prefer buying one nice set of RCA cables I could use throughout multiple installs rather than buy multiple cheap sets of RCAs.

As far as twisted pair goes - unless you have balanced differential outputs/inputs then they're borderline useless. In car audio, differential is very rarely used (symbilink uses it) and when differential isn't used, shielding is the #1 form of noise rejection. Cable routing is still important as always, but even passing over stock wiring can introduce noise, which can be unavoidable in many cars.

One last thing - all of our cables are assembled in the USA and tested before we ship them out.

Edited by Tenacious

I have used NVX cables and have had no problems with them.

Cable routing is the important part.

Or hell, there is nothing proprietary about your cables. He could probably buy the materials and build an equally good cable for less than yours are selling for unless you are getting really, really good discounts on materials.

I run skyhigh RCA's if you want I will send you a 3ft one that I have laying around so you can try it

I run skyhigh RCA's if you want I will send you a 3ft one that I have laying around so you can try it

I appreciate the offer, but that wouldn't quite be long enough for my setup.

Thanks for all the input everyone, pretty much confirmed what I had already come up with on my own. Time to shop around.

I get mine from sonicelectronix, either the Kicker or Rockford Fosgate. I been wanting to try monoprice for awhile.

Cables are rather simple. If you can't measure a difference electrically then there isn't. There is a reason manufacturers do not post electrical measurements as well. You can probably guess why.

I wondered who was going to be the wise guy and link to kimber. Lol As I was reading on other sites, kimber always seemed to come up there as well.

Cables are rather simple. If you can't measure a difference electrically then there isn't. There is a reason manufacturers do not post electrical measurements as well. You can probably guess why.

http://www.kimber.com/products/loudspeakercables/trifocal/xl/
I've done a bunch of measurements for Ray. tongue.png
Those cables are refucktard expensive

Cool let me know how they work for ya.

Glad I could help.

I have cheap ass 2.50$ raptor cables in vehicles for over 12 years with no problems

I purchased an optical cable for my home audio from monoprice a while back with good results. Hopefully this turns out the same. I almost got their RG6 cables for the double copper shielding, but I was worried about flexibility.

Over 3000' of monoprice cable in my house