Sign in to follow this  
AudioFiLe

more decision problems

in my last decision problems thread i narrowed down which subs i wanted to get. ultimately, everyone steered me in the DSS direction so i ended with 2 12" DSS Ethos subs in a ported enclosure. now since i dont have many of the tools needed to make a proper sub enclosure atm, i will be buying one. i have 2 specific ones i found on ebay that i think might do the trick. they are:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DUAL-12-Inch-CUSTOM-PORTED-CAR-AUDIO-SUB-WOOFER-ENCLOSURE-4-CU-FT-TUNED-32Hz-/400326247663?pt=US_Speaker_Sub_Enclosures&hash=item5d354dc4ef

OR

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DUAL-12-Inch-CUSTOM-PORTED-CAR-AUDIO-SUB-WOOFER-ENCLOSURE-5-CU-FT-TUNED-34Hz-/400326264513?pt=US_Speaker_Sub_Enclosures&hash=item5d354e06c1

was hoping you pros could direct me to the one that these ethos would sound the best in while still being loud.

also if there are any better choices than these ones that are under $250, would love to hear about em. thanks!

huh bad question i guess

Those are sub par enclosures at best, some of the better pre-fab boxes though I must admit. I just recently used the box on the first linked you posted. 2 Ethos would require a better built enclosure in my opinion.

With 2-12" IA Lethal Injections, it flexed like crazy. The double baffle is bad for the port because they didnt cut out enough wood to make the opening, you will need a router to knock out some wood. I seen where somebody used body filler to make an even transition from port to actually port opening in baffle.

With the $150 you could easily buy the materials to make an enclosure. Im sure Q wouldnt mind helping you with a design and cut sheet. Take it to Lowes or Home Depot and ask a nice gentleman to make cuts for you. Buy Titebond 2 wood glue, screws and some clamps (Harbor Freight has them for cheap). If that is way beyond the work you want to put in the find a reputable shop to build a box for ya. Even try posting a cragslist ad to see if anybody would be willing to build an enclosure for ya.