Welcome to SSA Car Audio Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BryanTheCEO

12" XCON Subwoofer Giveaway

101 posts in this topic

They had no horse in this race!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By chasw98
      I have 4 Sound Splinter RLp-15 Dual 4 ohm and 2 RLp-15 Dual 2 ohm sub woofers. I will let them go very cheap. But I have sold my house and do not have time to pack and ship them. I live just north of Fort Lauderdale, Fl. Let me know if there is any interest in these drivers. Thanks.
    • By Billy Jack
      Looking through the SSA store to place a order for a Twisted sounds 2.8k or Synergy 35.1 and noticed no add to cart tab, does this mean the product is sold out, or no longer available. 
    • By Aaron Clinton
      Name will be finalized shortly, as will specs, price and availability, so if you ask any of those questions I don't have an answer just yet.  This is long over due, as we have needed an 8" sub for a decade now.  Those of you who have been along for the ride, might remember we had a Dcon8 built 9 years ago, but production never happened due to cost of making it here in the USA. 
      Production has not been kicked off yet, but we are VERY close.  Some minor changes inside (unable to be seen from photos below) are being made to the design before we kick off.  I am very pleased from the performance of the prototype and the output is very strong for an 8.  It is a lower Qts. sub and really is surprising in a ported enclosure, while still being well behaved sealed.  This is moving to an overhung, 2.5" copper coil, with a shorting ring..  Will be available in D2/D4, and an Fs right around 32.1hz.
      The sonic goal, (sound signature) was to have some of the warmth of the Icon, mixed with the crispness of the current Gcon.  I feel, it is very close to that target.  Currently, it is getting fed by the SSA prototype IC2200.1 @ 4 ohms mono (roughly 700+ watts).  The 8 blends quite well with the Evil6.5's, and is not at all sweating the power being sent.
      Yes, the market segment that it is going to end up in is currently pretty packed, and this is not a revolutionary design, but it will be an extremely competitive driver in the top of the 8" cone 2.5" coil sub market, that is right on par with our current models and the sound is excellent, even to my picky ears.  I am very excited to get these rolling and available by the end of spring.

A little TBT link, the original Dcon8, it is on the far right in this photo:

• By jones82joshua
      Been registered since 2010, inactive on the forums(used mostly for lurking, reading up on things). Only slightly more active on ****. Audio has been my (oft neglected) hobby for the better part of 20 years.
      Trying to scratch my itch again, after close to a year of happily owning two 15" XCon's on a SQ 1200(.25 ohm) I decided to throw a second 1200 on them, strapped at 1 ohm. Needless to say, they started to come alive, and my itch got worse, so here I am.
      I mostly listen to metal, occasionally house/techno, a little rap(a guy has to demo once in a while!)
      Previous setup(last vehicle, about 3 years ago):
      2001 Monte Carlo SS (Not measured, guesstimated around 145+)
      +.5v booster (15.1 charging voltage)
      XS Power D3400 in trunk
      Pioneer 80PRS, active
      Planet Audio BB175.4 @ 4 Ohms
         CDT HD-M6 6.7", MB Quart tweeters (can't find info)
      Crescendo Audio BC3500 @ .33 ohm
         3x Sundown Audio Zv3 10"
         ~5 cubes tuned to 37 hz

Current setup: (141.0 on single 1200, not measured yet on both)
      2005 Cadillac SRX 4.6
      Pioneer 80PRS, active
      Planet Audio BB175.4 @ 2 ohms
         Infinity 609cs component system
      2x Soundqubed Q1-1200.2 strapped @ 1 ohm
         2x SSA XCon 15" D1
         TL enclosure designed by So Low on ****
      XS Power D3400 ~1 ft from amps

Upgrades planned or considering:

Swapping out Infinity components with Silver Flute 6.5(4 ohm) and SB Acoustics SB29RDC Ring Dome tweeter(4 ohm). (Already owned)
      Swapping out BB175.4 with a different amp(Incriminator IA6.4 or Crescendo C1100.4)
      Upgrading to 5k+ and possibly a third XCon.

Anyways, I would like to say thank you to the community, and SSA, for being so helpful and informative.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 1 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)