hdrox88

DieHard Platinum batteries on sale!

Sears has a nice battery sale going on right now. 25% off til August 23 (while supplies last).

Thanks for the heads up :fing34:

No problem. I am trying to figure out if my third battery should be under the hood, or in the rear. The rear makes most sense, but I am a sucker for having certain things matching and the plat and d3100 are not a cosmetically appealing combo. lol.

Best prices i've seen on the g31 marine's so far.

Edited by daviddto

Anyone know if the terminal is included in the overall height spec? If so, the Cadillac can handle a group 31 1150 in the battery tray.

I will measure mine tomorrow and tell you total height, terminal included.

I guess I should ask, platinum g31 marine ?

Anyone know if the terminal is included in the overall height spec? If so, the Cadillac can handle a group 31 1150 in the battery tray.

IIRC the post height is about 3/4"-1", I was able to fit a die-hard up front in the trailblazer only laying down on its side.

The platinum marine g31 post's are 9 1/8" from the bottom of the battery.

The platinum marine g31 post's are 9 1/8" from the bottom of the battery.

Awesome. That should fit. Now to go to Sears, try it on, buy it, put the old battery back in and go order terminals and such smile.png

Just a heads up. I went to my local sears and they told me I could only get the super low price if I ordered it online for store pick up. Not sure if all sears stores will be like this, but you may want to give them a call first before wasting a trip out.

Edited by osiris10012

Just a heads up. I went to my local sears and they told me I could only get the super low price if I ordered it online for store pick up. Not sure if all sears stores will be like this, but you may want to give them a call first before wasting a trip out.

They will match any verified online pricing or coupon you can find. The guy was just being a dick then. 

All I had to do was show him a screen shot of my phone with the low price.

You can also stack the military discount pricing on there also if you are military. Some places it's like 10%

They will match any verified online pricing or coupon you can find. The guy was just being a dick then. 

Yeah, not so much. Guy wasn't a dick though, he loved my car and wanted to help but couldn't figure out how. Let me install it and try different sizes so I could get the biggest battery that would fit. Had to buy it online, but I did that in store so no biggie.

I "could" have fit the 31 Marine battery, but it would require that I move the antifreeze reservoir to get it in and out and then create a custom hold down and ends for my battery cables. Figured for the 200cca extra it wasn't worth it. Managed to fit the group 65 in while I was there. Was nice they let me play with a few finding the largest that fit smile.png

Thank you Adam for making the thread smile.png

Install pictures!

Install pictures!

Stock location, stock lines, did it in the Sears parking lot. Lol. EXCITING smile.png

When I finally install something in my car I'll make a thread. 10" touchscreen is en route from Malaysia so I will have HPTuners running right in my dash...along with music and other boring stuff tongue.png

I think he couldn't figure it out just like M5 mentioned. Honestly not sure. They were really nice about it and set it aside for me until I ordered it online. Plus I called in. It's a 25 mile drive for me to get to sears so I didn't want to chance it. I'll be picking mine up Saturday. Thanks again for starting this thread hydrox. Edited by osiris10012

Install pictures!

Stock location, stock lines, did it in the Sears parking lot. Lol. EXCITING smile.png

When I finally install something in my car I'll make a thread. 10" touchscreen is en route from Malaysia so I will have HPTuners running right in my dash...along with music and other boring stuff tongue.png

What kind of car? if you don't mind me asking.

Install pictures!

2010 Cadillac Escalade.

And ROFL for dirty engine. Had to drop the crank for my snowmobile off at Indy Dan's to have it re-aligned and that meant more than a mile of dirt roads. Perfect timing smile.png Probably won't get a real cleaning until the weekend I put the Turbo kit on it.

IMAG0045_zpss66mpbil.jpg

Glad I was able to help you guys spend your money, lol. I'll be getting one myself in the next day or so. Still on the fence about doubling up under the hood or throwing another 31 in the rear.

Install pictures!

2010 Cadillac Escalade.

And ROFL for dirty engine. Had to drop the crank for my snowmobile off at Indy Dan's to have it re-aligned and that meant more than a mile of dirt roads. Perfect timing smile.png Probably won't get a real cleaning until the weekend I put the Turbo kit on it.

IMAG0045_zpss66mpbil.jpg

Adding a turbo, Nice!

Already been dropped with spindles, springs, sways, links and the big 6 piston 16/14 Wilwoods. Now it needs POWER.

I stuck two of the Die Hard blue marine group 34's under the hood of my truck. They dont make a 65 in the marine but I wanted the extra stud mounts also so I didnt have to buy distro blocks for the front. Wish they would add the secondary stud mounts to the regular platinum batts. 

Looks very cozy in there.