Sign in to follow this  
1loudram

October run of Ethos

Quentin I was wondering if the run of ethos that are coming in October will have any changes compared to the previous Ethos. I know you had talked about and showed pics of the new surrounds, will those be used on the ones built in October. Is there any other planned changes, Also what is the cost for dual leads instead of single leads? Thanks in advance for the info.

The dual leads are 20 bucks extra

Thanks, I thinking of doing the dual lead option instead of the standard leads.

new surround? 

did i miss something... tell me more.

Haven't missed out on anything.

Dual leads will be standard on the Ethos

The cone with the new edge shown is for 10 inch drivers.

Thanks Quentin, I wasn't sure if the new surrounds applied to all or just the 10's. Also thanks for making the dual leads standard on the ethos.

The old edge doesn't allow enough travel so a new one is needed. The current 12, 15, and 18 edge is plenty enough for 12 spoked baskets.

Klippel results show 40 mm one way. Which is well past BL limits.

The old edge doesn't allow enough travel so a new one is needed. The current 12, 15, and 18 edge is plenty enough for 12 spoked baskets.

I can't wait to get my 2 12s and put the power to them. Should do pretty good in my single cab truck on a ddm4. Edited by 1loudram

I can't wait to get my 2 12s and put the power to them. Should do pretty good in my single cab truck on a ddm4.

You gonna run 1/2 ohm?

Newbi ? Here...there's no problem with having dual leads on one sub and single leads on the other sub is there

Newbi ? Here...there's no problem with having dual leads on one sub and single leads on the other sub is there

Nope not at all

If you're wiring them together, place the sub with dual leads first point of contact. Just what I would do. In theory both subs see the same power at the same time, but, just in case lol. 

If you're wiring them together, place the sub with dual leads first point of contact. Just what I would do. In theory both subs see the same power at the same time, but, just in case lol.

Audio signal is A/C. There is no first point of contact. Positive and negitive is only relative.

Audio signal is A/C. There is no first point of contact. Positive and negitive is only relative.

Thats what I was thinking also, my postive is always on front sub and negative on rear. 

Sencheezy- Yes I will be running them at .5ohms so they should see around 2500+ each.