DedicatedEnthusiast

Box Rise better or worse with one amp per sub vs one amp total?

Hello jw if box rise is influenced whatsoever by the number of amplifiers used in a system set up or if it is essentially the same regardless of how many amplifiers are used to power a set of drivers

no difference.

Also, if you add more power without adding more batteries, your rise will go up.

current and voltage in influences voltage\current out.

There is no such thing as box rise. However there is an impedance CURVE, so depending on the box and frequency being played it is possible for your impedance to drop or ride.

Terminology doesn't make it non existent.

Most people know it as box rise for those not being technical.

And electrical system plays a LARGE role in it's effects to.  

For those who compete, it's easily measurable.

That's why in some classes in competition, it's better to remove some batteries in the install to prevent the amplifiers from running at such a low impedance.

Your impedance "curve" alters what each frequency in the playable spectrum will be but if a user measures that, that information can greatly be changed\altered by upgrading\downgrading your electrical system... Whatever the purpose is.

Terminology doesn't make it non existent.

Most people know it as box rise for those not being technical.

And most of those most use it as a reason to think they can put more load on their amplifier and not burn it up. Education is amazingly helpful in life.

This is why i am trying to get people to stop running below 1 ohm impedance on 1 ohm stable amplifiers.  

That's a whole other topic though but i do not disregard education.  I actually have charts of other amplifiers characteristics on how they should perform based on impedance during play.

But the main thing is i believe 99% that people will not stop playing below 1ohm for the simple fact the korean\chinese buildhouses keep tailoring their designs to the brand owners request which basically is-  Make it .5 or .25ohm stable where the base model is only 1ohm stable.

We know of one company who tried that and failed bad- CT Sounds.

Other companies pay out even more money to keep them stable below 1ohm but instead of these companies playing hide and seek with their Abusive Specifications, there should be a standard..  
1ohm stable means 1ohm stable, nothing less but i doubt that will ever come.

Care to post the charts up?  I would definitely appreciate a view! 

It wasn't a reference that actually pertained to this topic, just rambling about something going off topic.  The chart is for a very specific line of amplifiers that has no relevance in this topic.

:suicide-santa:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

1. Recent Topics

• 17 comments
        • 393 comments
        • 2 comments
        • 5 comments
        • 6 comments
        • 1 comment
  • Similar Content

• By Pitt
      Hey guys what's up...so I'm new to all this car audio forum stuff and am trying to fumble f__k my way through this post....so here it is...I am old school and have all old school shit....I'm looking at powering this beast of a system.....I have all of this in an 04 toyota tundra access cab limited.....basically I have around 20k of power needs....I'm running 2 DVC 10's by cerwin vega...2 DVC 12's by cerwin vega...3 different cerwin 6.5 component systems...head unit is 10.6 inch touchscreen with every bell and whistle imaginable....for power I'm old school also with a lanzar 8k velocity amp..(2 channel) for the 10's...a lanzar 2.5k velocity amp...(4 channel) for components.....a power acoustic 10k amp for my 12's.....I have a stinger 10 Farad cap.....now my problem is how to power all this equip.....I'm looking into the deka farm batteries....there was another who posted about this same dilemma....I ask....what about rv batteries....and can I put 24 volt batteries in the bed and step them down to 12 volt....and have less batteries....I don't want to go into debt for the rest of my life trying to power this system....I have pics of all this build that I will upload as soon as I figure out how...and I think yall will get a kick and some amazement out of my enclosure fabrication...I also have fiber optic lighting inside...lighted wheel rings and underglow outside....it's a lot of juice I need and I don't want 20 batteries...what's my best solution 
    • By Ryann627
      I currently own a 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier that I am currently building a subwoofer install in.
      My complete and current installs:
      New Kenwood KDC-BT378U radio with built-in speaker amp, All new door and deck speakers. (COMPLETE)
      Big 3 Kit, Mechman 270 AMP Alternator, (1) Sundown ZV6 12" 2-OHM 2500W Subwoofer (wired to 1 OHM), One run of 1/0 gauge wire complete with fuse and capacitor), Fiberglass Subwoofer Box(Not sure what size yet, any help on this would be greatly appreciated)
      Just wondering if all the above installs with be able to comfortably power a 3000 watt amplifier to run the subwoofer properly? I know Sundown Subwoofers are underrated, just not sure if I want to over-power by more than 500W, seems safer to me like that, unless I'm wrong? Never dealt with this much power before, max was 600 watts before this build.
      Any other install recommendations? Bigger battery because it is stock? Better springs for the added weight in the rear? Box will be fiberglass but the subwoofer alone weighs 95 pounds.
      Thanks in advance guys.
    • By Aaron Clinton
      We have finally released our new amp.  It is a tiny tiny production run to see how people like them.  Meant for the high end, SQ market, without the European price tag.  If this model moves as well as I hope, it will help spawn another model in the line up soon.
      https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/ssa-dm150-2-2-channel-amplifier-150w-x-2-ch-or-500w-x-1-ch/

Introducing the all new SSA DM150.2 amplifier. An old school approach, with updated components, for the most discerning of ears. If your front stage is lacking warmth and clarity, its time to upgrade. Our first amplifier in our high-end, sound quality, Class- A/B - Demon amplifier line. The SSA DM150.2 is the elite choice for that high end active front stage, premium passive components, and especially a sound quality sub (SSA Demon). We've incorporated direct inputs for those competition installs that use an external DSP and want their amp to be a pure gain block. Stellar looks to match the design and components. Don't let your speakers or your ears down, #levelup to the all new SSA DM150.2 amplifier.

150 Watts RMS X 2 @ 4 Ohm 500 Watts RMS X 1 @ 4 Ohm Angled Terminals for show quality installations Full Complimentary low distortion Class AB design Tiffany Style RCA connectorsFull Complimentary low distortion Class AB design Butterworth Crossover Filters for premium level performance An extra pair of input connectors for a direct input that will bypass the crossover so the amp can act as a gain block The op amps featured are TI chips w/BB technology high performance audio grade IC's Docking Pads® to reduce vibration & extend the life the amplifier DC, Short Circuit, Thermal & Overload Protection, on board fusing Diagnostic LEDs Specifications
      OUTPUT POWER @ 14.4V input   RMS per channel at 4 Ohms 150 W x 2 CH RMS per channel at 2 Ohms 250 W x 2 CH RMS Bridged Mono at 4 Ohms 500 W x 1 CH RMS Mono at 1 Ohm N/A INPUT SENSITIVITY 200mV - 6.0V FREQUENCY RESPONSE 10Hz - 30KHz +/- 0.5dB THD LESS THAN 0.01% S/N RATIO > 103 dB CHANNEL SEPARATION > 91 dB DAMPING FACTOR @100Hz 4 ohm > 200 CROSSOVER RANGE   High Pass, 12dB/Octave 80-1.2K Hz Low Pass, 24dB/Octave 10Hz - 250Hz Subsonic N/A Variable Bass Boost (0 to +12 dB bass boost at 45 Hz) Yes Phase Shift (0 - 180 degrees) No Fusing 3 x 40A Size (L x W x H) in 16.4 x 8.9 x 2.2
    • By Aaron Clinton
      I am working to expand our amplifier offerings, while staying high quality, somewhat unique, and affordable.
      First up looks like a class-A/B 6 channel.  No crossover network, individual gains, 150watts x 6, will keep footprint as small as possible for the design, similar appearance to the current models.  Feeling out interest as it will effect the total amps I put into production.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      As a side note, I am considering a 2-channel of the same line, but the demand for 2 channels right now are so low.  Would not really want to build them if they are going to sit for a while.

Just curious on any input before I get production going.
  • Recent YouTube Posts