Julian

US Acoustics Barbara Ann Review

Great review, Julian, and I'm glad you're happy with the B.A. Now I just have to figure out if I want to go for this or the Leviathan on my next build. I mean do I really NEED 300+ watts to those Mirus coaxials? Interested to see what you think of this long-term.

Excellent review man, thanks for the input. I have been eyeballing this amp and the Mike as well.

Sweet review Julian! :)

Oustanding review Julian!

Makes me want to start an install again.

J

Thanks guys, I would like to thank Aaron for giving me the opportunity to write this review!

Read the review twice.  Very well done, nicely broken down, not overly technical or too generic.  The photos are excellent, and I really like the look of the amp.  Glad to see you found some faults and strengths.  Hopefully people check out this review all over and see that US Acoustics is back. :)

Read the review twice. Very well done, nicely broken down, not overly technical or too generic. The photos are excellent, and I really like the look of the amp. Glad to see you found some faults and strengths. Hopefully people check out this review all over and see that US Acoustics is back. :)

Thanks Aaron I appreciate the feedback, I hope US acoustics can see this and hopefully update it. Those few changes could make this an excellent amp.

Nice review. Makes me want to try one !morning.gif
I like the look btw coolugh.gif

Nice review, but I disagree with you on philiips type screws. They round off to easy if you don't use a good screw driver. Just my opinion.

Allens are the why to go. 

Nice review, but I disagree with you on philiips type screws. They round off to easy if you don't use a good screw driver. Just my opinion.

I think there are definite trade offs, but I've always preferred screws like on my alpine and the old boss havoc 665.

I think there are definite trade offs, but I've always preferred screws like on my alpine and the old boss havoc 665.

You can always buy allen screw drivers. That would be a option. I have had a lot of problems with screws on sundown amp stripping out.

Cool little amp. I've always been a fan of US Acoustic amps for their bang for the buck. The crossover network does have me a little puzzled. The OP mentions not being able to run all 4 channels full range. I wonder if you switch the crossover selector switch for channels 3&4 to HP 12dB and turn the HP frequency pot to 15Hz wouldn't channels be outputting everything from 15hz and up? Wouldn't that be getting full range from all 4 channels?

Way to bust open an old thread. Nice Setup. Welcome to SSA.

1 hour ago, Wtf_bass said:

Nice detailed review. I'm also enjoying my Barbara Ann and mike combo. Nice pictures too bro 

image.jpeg

Thanks man I appreciate it!

On 9/3/2016 at 8:11 PM, Wtf_bass said:

Nice detailed review. I'm also enjoying my Barbara Ann and mike combo. Nice pictures too bro 

image.jpeg

Some nice looking amps you have there. :WELCOME:

Thank you. I'm enjoying them a lot. Gets the sa8 v3 a good slapping. A good solid 12" will be the next upgrade. Just so many 1500 rms subs to choose from is my dilemma. 

Personally I like the Allen head screws and loath the Philips on a amp. There fine for a install or two then as soon as you have turned them more then twice they strip out and cause all kinds of problems. And I have always like US Acoustics great stuff for a very fair price in my opinion. I had one of the old school looking amps and it was beat to death and just kept on going.

On Tuesday, September 06, 2016 at 11:43 PM, Wtf_bass said:

Thank you. I'm enjoying them a lot. Gets the sa8 v3 a good slapping. A good solid 12" will be the next upgrade. Just so many 1500 rms subs to choose from is my dilemma. 

Try the new US Acoustic 12" sub, looks pretty stout.

On September 9, 2016 at 9:40 AM, jcarter1885 said:

Try the new US Acoustic 12" sub, looks pretty stout.

Yeah I've been keeping my eye on that one. Looks really impressive