BoominSystem82

Rainbow Component Speakers

Just curious if anyone here has any experience with these speakers.  Everything I've found on google is in German for the most part.  The set I was looking at was the SLX 265.20 X-Plain component speakers.  From  what I've gathered, these are the entry level speakers from Rainbow.  Just wondering how these performed compared to other component sets in this price range.  I can get the component set for $175.00 shipped.

If you can't demo them DON'T buy them

my coworkers has rainbows. he has said they are thousand dollar speakers (component set) in his 2011 avenger. they sound VERY clear and responsive BUT they do not get killer loud so it does depend on what your goals are. the cross overs in them have an option to be bi-amped or run off a single amp based on how you configure them. they have incandescent bulbs in them to show you when they are being over powered and prevent damage. the cross overs are round, about the size of a saucer plate for your tea. 

i will need to ask him what the model number is of his speakers and verify the price/quality compared to the ones you are referring to. 

If I HAD to buy component sets, they would be Rainbows.  That said, I don't have to, so I never will again.  Notice I said again.  GREAT products!