Sign in to follow this  
AudioFiLe

voltage gauge/meter mounting help

So i just bought 2 Stinger voltage meters for my XS batteries to keep tabs on the volts and i am hoping to mount them on the side of the dash in my ford ranger. i dont have the tools or skills yet to do a whole fiberglass mold so i will be using a dremel to cut out 2 square holes to flush mount the 2 meters. the system i am getting will be hitting at least 140db so i need to figure out what adhesive (or whatever else i can use) to keep the meters stuck to the inside of the dash panel without having to use fillers. 

anybody got any advice how to keep these things in place?

why do you need two meters? 

Just use the red 3m double sided sticky tape, use some rubbing alcohol to prep the surface and stick it on there. Just make sure you test the rubbing alcohol in a inconspicuous area just in case it damages your dash.

cuz im gonna be putting an isolator between the 2 batteries and i want to be in the know bro. plus im one of those stupid teens who thinks it "looks cool". 

Just use the red 3m double sided sticky tape, use some rubbing alcohol to prep the surface and stick it on there. Just make sure you test the rubbing alcohol in a inconspicuous area just in case it damages your dash.

ah good tip. thanks mate. and i heard from somebody else that epoxy might work as well? whats your view on that stuff?

cuz im gonna be putting an isolator between the 2 batteries and i want to be in the know bro. plus im one of those stupid teens who thinks it "looks cool".

ah good tip. thanks mate. and i heard from somebody else that epoxy might work as well? whats your view on that stuff?

Honestly the red 3m tape is super strong if applied correctly. That's what I've used in tons of install. If it's not a flat surface I would honestly just relocate it to somewhere it is.

Honestly the red 3m tape is super strong if applied correctly. That's what I've used in tons of install. If it's not a flat surface I would honestly just relocate it to somewhere it is.

its a relatively flat surface. and thanks ill use that then

i know this is stupid, but can somebody link me to the tape they're talking about. there is a lot that comes up for 3M double-sided tape...

Home Depot, walmart, ace hardware, lowes...local audio shop