Sign in to follow this  
marque2011

Help me pick an 8" sub

It will actually be a pair of subs. Single cab pick up truck with limited space behind the seat. Looking for a nice little sub that can get loud. Power will come from the sub channel of my GS Redline 3 channel amp. BS rated at 1,000 watts for the sub channel into one ohm. It is currently pushing a pair of 12" IA Lethal Injections quite nicely ran at 2 ohms, so any of the subs on this list will work.

Alpine Type R $120
Arc 8V3 $150
Image Dynamics ID8 $100
Incriminator I Series $95
JBL GTO $80
Memphis $120
Dayton HF $105
Dayton HO $115

I am ok with the prices of all these subs. Any pair of these can be wired to show my amp either 2 or 1 ohm, I am not too worried with the impedance load. My main concern is the ability for these little bastards to be heard and be clean while doing so. This is a 40 year old truck they will be going in, so I have no intentions on winning any competitions with this set up, on want to enjoy some tunes while cruising. Which of these subs would you pick, and which would you exclude, and why?

Thanks for your input.

, ___! !__ ,*"*..*"*,
/\_______\" ._. "
|_|_[]____|-|-|-|-|-|-
., ' ._. ' , ' ._. ' ,
" ._. """""" ._. "

————————————————
w2.jpgw1.jpgw1.jpgw.jpgw1.jpgw1.jpgw2.jpg

How much space do you have to work with?  SoundQubed came out with a beefy 8" sub.

So you want to go from two 12s to two 8s?

My thoughts exactly.  OP you're going to lose a great deal of output from the 12's to the 8's.  Why are you wanting to make a change like this?  What is are the limitations in which the subs need to work within?

What Alton said why from 12's to 8's?

Maybe the 12's take up too much space?  That'd be the only reason I'd switch, personally.  Personally, for that price range, I'd look into the Tantric LD8's.  They are right in that price range shipped.