Sign in to follow this  
AudioFiLe

stupid Q to settle an argument

believe me i know this is a stupid question but i had an argument with a guy from a mechanics shop and he doesnt believe me:

if you have 2 DVC 1 ohm subs wired in series then together to come to a 1 ohm load and run that to a monoblock amp that is rated at 1600 watts rms @ 1 ohm, does that mean each sub gets 800 watts each or do they both get 1600 watts?

Wow, this is real electronic basics.

each sub, in theory, would receive 800w but because of DC voltage, Gain setting, electrical supply and impedance curve, each sub will vary from 1w to ~600w.

There is no exact answer to what each sub would receive because of all variables involved but they definitely will not receive more than 800w due to the impedance curve.

Wow, this is real electronic basics.

each sub, in theory, would receive 800w but because of DC voltage, Gain setting, electrical supply and impedance curve, each sub will vary from 1w to ~600w.

There is no exact answer to what each sub would receive because of all variables involved but they definitely will not receive more than 800w due to the impedance curve.

lol i know. mechanics in north jersey...

I dont even understand how it is even a debate. A monoblock meaning one channel puts out 1600 watts. How in the hell can the subs both see 1600 watts each, think people think.