Sign in to follow this  
Quentin Jarrell

FREE SHIPPING FOR LABOR DAY

good stuff!! wish i would have waited a bit to order! :)

So just to see if I'm reading right if I pay my layaway off by 9\7 shipping is free

So just to see if I'm reading right if I pay my layaway off by 9\7 shipping is free

Yes sir.

More great stuff here Quentin, thanks! I'll pay my balance off on Friday.

Awesome! I'll be placing my order hopefully tomorrow. My only dilemma....12 or 15? I love the lows, but I also listen to a lot of rock/metal with a lot of fast paced double kick drums. I'm guessing a 12 would be the safest bet. Plus with the limited space I have I'm not sure the extra battery and amps would fit with a 15 back there.

Awesome! I'll be placing my order hopefully tomorrow. My only dilemma....12 or 15? I love the lows, but I also listen to a lot of rock/metal with a lot of fast paced double kick drums. I'm guessing a 12 would be the safest bet. Plus with the limited space I have I'm not sure the extra battery and amps would fit with a 15 back there.

Myth #1. Subwoofer size has ABSOLUTLY no effect on "speed." A 15" sub will play the same as a 10" or 12" even 18".

An improperly designed enclosure is to blame for double bass drums muddling together.

Having said that, if you have space restrictions, a 12" would probably be a safer bet. Have you measured what fits? Or at least what space you're willing to give up?

Awesome! I'll be placing my order hopefully tomorrow. My only dilemma....12 or 15? I love the lows, but I also listen to a lot of rock/metal with a lot of fast paced double kick drums. I'm guessing a 12 would be the safest bet. Plus with the limited space I have I'm not sure the extra battery and amps would fit with a 15 back there.

Myth #1. Subwoofer size has ABSOLUTLY no effect on "speed." A 15" sub will play the same as a 10" or 12" even 18".

An improperly designed enclosure is to blame for double bass drums muddling together.

Having said that, if you have space restrictions, a 12" would probably be a safer bet. Have you measured what fits? Or at least what space you're willing to give up?

On a properly designed transducer this is correct.  But take a motor designed for a 12 and throw a 18 inch moving mass coupled with it's air load and you have transient issues.  There is a reason why the motor on a JL w7 8 is smaller than the motor on a JL w7 13.

The Ethos motor was designed for a 15 and the enclosures I recommend ensure proper response.  This is why every single customer that has bought an Ethos regardless the size says its one of the best sounding subwoofer they have ever owned.  

Eddie, what are the max box dimensions you will allow in your Scion?

Great transactions Quentin!  My Ethos are paid for rockwoot.gif dancingsmilie.gif

On a properly designed transducer this is correct.  But take a motor designed for a 12 and throw a 18 inch moving mass coupled with it's air load and you have transient issues.  There is a reason why the motor on a JL w7 8 is smaller than the motor on a JL w7 13.

The Ethos motor was designed for a 15 and the enclosures I recommend ensure proper response.  This is why every single customer that has bought an Ethos regardless the size says its one of the best sounding subwoofer they have ever owned.  

Cant argue there! Mine sounds sooo clean and loud as hell!

Thanks for all the input guys! I tried to multiquote but it's bugging on me so I'll answer all here. I'd really love to have a 15...especially now hearing everyone's response. Space is not going to be my friend here. I'm willing to sacrifice everything behind the rear seats, which isn't a lot. I still have a drum set to haul around and can just barely do that with the box I have now. Here is what I measure.... 37" wide, top of the seat (minus headrest) sits around the 17.5" mark, and from that point to the hatch is 17" (but that's touching each). The lower I go the more depth I have due to the seat's angle. Keep in mind though that I still have to fit 2 amps back there and I'm guessing I'll need an extra battery somewhere in there as well. One thing I could do is remove the false floor to give me more space to work with, since I have removed the small spare and carry a full size behind the passenger seat (18s and a temp spare don't give me the warm fuzzies).

Thanks for all the input guys! I tried to multiquote but it's bugging on me so I'll answer all here. I'd really love to have a 15...especially now hearing everyone's response. Space is not going to be my friend here. I'm willing to sacrifice everything behind the rear seats, which isn't a lot. I still have a drum set to haul around and can just barely do that with the box I have now. Here is what I measure.... 37" wide, top of the seat (minus headrest) sits around the 17.5" mark, and from that point to the hatch is 17" (but that's touching each). The lower I go the more depth I have due to the seat's angle. Keep in mind though that I still have to fit 2 amps back there and I'm guessing I'll need an extra battery somewhere in there as well. One thing I could do is remove the false floor to give me more space to work with, since I have removed the small spare and carry a full size behind the passenger seat (18s and a temp spare don't give me the warm fuzzies).

go with one 12

go with one 12

Just placed my order. I took out the false floor and was desperately looking for a way to make the 15 work, but with all that needs to go back there I think that 1.5 cu box is gonna give me the space that I need for everything else. Thanks Q for the discounts! Can't wait to get this thing jumping!! Time to start preparing the electrical.

On a side note....aren't the pics for the 10" and 12" reversed? That 12 sure looks like a 10 and vice versa.

Edited by EddieC

No the 12 is the 12. The 10 uses a 15 image. The 10 looks like my avatar.

No the 12 is the 12. The 10 uses a 15 image. The 10 looks like my avatar.

Gotcha. I knew that 10 looked mighty big compared to the motor. But thanks again man. After hearing Senchez's ride at the Sundown show I knew I was Ethos bound. Those things sound amazing!