Ok, I'm trying to do the big 3 on my buddy's full-size 1992 Bronco 5.8L Windsor, but I am absolutely stumped. The alternator doesn't have a post and plug like I'm used to. It only has two identical plugs. Any thoughts on how I can do the big 3? Where the (+) would go?

Edited by ObTechAudio

On the back of the alternator there should be a post where it attaches to, it is directly on the back, ground from the alternator anywhere then to frame and then frame to battery.

h2Aimgq.jpg

On the back of the alternator there should be a post where it attaches to, it is directly on the back, ground from the alternator anywhere then to frame and then frame to battery.

h2Aimgq.jpg

I only got two plugs and 0 posts. I'd upload a photo but this damn site keep rejecting my photos!!!

There is a post on the bottom just like Julian posted. The starter wire for he silinoid comes directly off the alternator.

He has a 2G alt.  No post, just plugs like he's stated.

Honestly, your best bet is to upgrade to a 3G alt.  Do a web search or go to ford fullsize or any Bronco forums and you'll find the cheap and easy way to do it.  I wouldn't even mess with the 2G, but the output plug will have 2 black and orange wires and one gray or white wire.  The two black/orange wires are your 12VDC output and these should run to your starter solenoid.  You can tie in there if you want to use the 2G.

Yep, Same thing for my Son's 88 Ford F150. Think all we did was upgrade all of the grounds and everything seems to be working fine.