EddieC

Need some electrical advice for my first big (to me) build

Well isn't this nice. Just looked and the battery I just bought is now 20% off. Any way to get that $ back? Does Sears have some type of low price guarantee to cover that?

Diehard platinum batteries go on sale frequently. You could try and see just how far they will go to please you (the customer). I wouldn't count on it though as I think their sales are for online pricing.

Diehard platinum batteries go on sale frequently. You could try and see just how far they will go to please you (the customer). I wouldn't count on it though as I think their sales are for online pricing.

That was something I didn't understand. The last sale was online but the marine batteries wouldn't add to the cart or let me pick up in store. The sales guy gave me the price in the store though, which was nice. I did read that they have a price match where if an item goes on sale within 14 days they'll refund the difference. Doesn't apply to online sales though, so I need to find out what kind of sale this is.

A few pics showing how my current ride is done, to give you an idea.  I did two runs of 1/0 ga, both fused with a 200 amp fuse, for the front to back run. The rear battery is the distribution block. Then fused after the rear battery to each amps rating. I think I fused my alt also now that I think about. Was cheap insurance.

med_gallery_10399_356_431589.jpgmed_gallery_10399_356_273749.jpg

Question.... you say the rear battery is your distribution block. Are all your amps grounded at the negative battery post? Or did you run those to the chassis? Can't really tell from the pic. Kinda hoping that it's as simple as grounding the battery, then running all the amp grounds to the negative post. I ordered a Q2200.1  for the sub and an AQ-200.2 for the fronts. Picked up a set of Image Dynamics CTX65CS locally on Black Friday for $190 and man, what a difference! Just wish the guy hadn't set the gains so high. I was only able to hear the tweets for around 15 minutes before they both blew. I told the guy the gains were too high, but he said to try it and see how it went. Now he knows and has ordered new tweets from the company to replace these. I'll be glad to get that AQ-200.2 in and get this Hifonics POS outta there.

If you have a battery in the rear then ground amps to the battery.

Grounding to the battery is only as good as the battery is grounded.

Thats a no brainer otherwise your battery would have a horrible ground.

If you have a battery in the rear then ground amps to the battery.

Thats a no brainer otherwise your battery would have a horrible ground.

Thanks guys. I have found a perfect spot for grounding the battery. Just wanted to make sure I didn't need to ground the amps there as well. I have battery terminals with all the inputs for the amp wires. Man I can't wait to get this going. Think I'm gonna see how much these Dcons can handle until the Ethos gets here. lifter.gif