Sign in to follow this  
EddieC

12" single ported Ethos enclosure design

Are there any designs that have been posted for a single 12 ported enclosure? I have no clue as to how to design one. I'm sure I could try myself but would rather trust someone who actually knows what they're doing. Thanks!

Post your max dimensions and how you want the port and sub to face.

Post your max dimensions and how you want the port and sub to face.

In order to keep it within the lip that surrounds the false floor, I'd like to keep it within 15" deep and 16" height (lower would keep it from touching the seat back, say 15"). Width is 37" but I'd like to keep it as narrow as possible in order to fit the 2 amps and extra battery. 15" depth will give me around 2.5-3" clearance from the hatch, so I'm thinking the sub up port up would be the best option. Unless side firing would be better??? Right now I'm running my 2 Dcons sub up, port up and love the sound. What would you suggest Q?

Transfer function would be better firing it to the side versus up.

I'll look at it later tonight.

Thanks man. Really appreciate it. Props to you Q for the awesome customer service so far. I'm recommending DSS to everyone, even in the Facebook groups I'm a member of.

Would it be a pretty noticeable difference?  I have mine firing up with a side facing aeroport.  I guess I could rotate it to find out, but figured I would ask since I'm at work.

Would it be a pretty noticeable difference?  I have mine firing up with a side facing aeroport.  I guess I could rotate it to find out, but figured I would ask since I'm at work.

I am pretty curious about this as well, as I am getting a box from a friend around 3ish cubes tuned to 32hz , sub up, port firing sideways for a 15. 

Quentin, did you ever by chance take a look at this? Time is drawing near and I'd like to get some dimensions to begin the space planning and box building. Thanks.