Sign in to follow this  
pmureika

Box size for a HdS210

What is he recommended box size for a HDS210?

The website shows 1.25 to 1.5 cuft per sub.

I looked but didn't see any recommendations.

Now I know.

Thanks!

Edited by pmureika

Thats why they have a Tech Support Tab on their website, click it.

Thanks!

Thanks!

HDS210 Powered by a Barbara Ann Amp.

002_zps6e523d3e.jpg003_zpsb5dc33a3.jpg

Edited by pmureika

If you ever find yourself lost or confused and the information on our site or here doesn't answer it for you give us a shout. tech@soundqubed.com; we will try our damnedest to answer it for you!

If you ever find yourself lost or confused and the information on our site or here doesn't answer it for you give us a shout. tech@soundqubed.com; we will try our damnedest to answer it for you!

I built a 1.45^ft box tuned to 40 hz for the hds210.

Edited by pmureika

Awesome! Shoot some photos and a description over to orders@soundqubed.com or post them on the Facebook! We always enjoy seeing set-ups.

Im running two 212's in 5 cubes at 32hz with a diamond d1000.1 wired to 1ohm and and old school eclipse 4 channel amp with alpine components in the front and arc components in the back I have a saturn ls with subs in my trunk. My question is do I need any power upgrade extra battery, big3, capacitor or bigger alternator? My headlights do dim a little when the bass drops any suggestions would be great     

Im running two 212's in 5 cubes at 32hz with a diamond d1000.1 wired to 1ohm and and old school eclipse 4 channel amp with alpine components in the front and arc components in the back I have a saturn ls with subs in my trunk. My question is do I need any power upgrade extra battery, big3, capacitor or bigger alternator? My headlights do dim a little when the bass drops any suggestions would be great     

I would start with the big three and see what happens.

You should also purchase a voltmeter to put on the amp terminals themselves to watch voltage drop at the amp.  If you're only getting a little dimming I wouldn't think that you're stressing the electrical of your vehicle so bad that you're running any risk at hurting anything.  It doesn't take a very large change in voltage to affect light output from standard incandescent bulbs.  When my Jimmy had stock electrical just turning on the turn signals at idle would make the headlights dim just enough to be noticeable, along with seeing a "tick" in the voltage on the dash volt meter.  The voltage wasn't dropping much, but it didn't need to just to see it in the headlights.

I agree, do the big three, install a volt meter to monitor voltage at the amps and see what you have.  If you see your voltage at the amps consistently below 13v then some sort of upgrade might be advisable.  If not, and with the power you're running, a little dimming in the headlights isn't anything to worry about at all.

Naw you are good, light dimming is normal. :P:

Obviously you added equipment to the car that didnt come from the factory so any electrical upgrades would be beneficial.

Thanks for the help fellas definitely going to get a voltage meter today one that just pops in my cigarette light should right, I have a regular meter that I can test on my amp but as far as one to watch continually that should work right

Thanks for the help fellas definitely going to get a voltage meter today one that just pops in my cigarette light should right, I have a regular meter that I can test on my amp but as far as one to watch continually that should work right

It will give you voltage but not as good as measuring at the amp. I have a upgraded alternator and only running a 400 wrms system know.

But I still get headlight flicker because the voltage regulator can't react fast enough.

Like Alton said as long as you are getting around 13 volts to the amp you are fine.

Unless the dimming is real bad just check the voltage.

I have one of those it is better then nothing.

Edited by pmureika