tripleb45

Any got any used 18" Level 6's for sale?

Just like the title says. I am just curious to see if anyone has any 18" DC Level 6's for sale (Dual 1's). I am not creating a WTB thread because I am just seeing if there are any floating around then I will make my decision. I have been reading up more on these subs and believe the Level 6's are more of what I would like to lean towards ultimately. I know shipped new they are $805 from DC, but want to see if there are any that are used first. If I decided to go with Level 6's YES my 4 Level 4's would be for sale, but I just want to get an idea. Also if you have these I may be willing to give you an awesome trade. As I said this is just thread of interest so please no bashing. 

You're very rarely going to find much of dc on here.

I'm actually interested why you were thinking the lvl 6 would be the sub for you?

Oh, and fwiw, Murphy actually made an account here and had a legitimate conversation at one point which made me feel like he wasn't too bad. The only thing i've ever heard about them (Tantric) is some huge sub they made and the deadener isn't terrible.

As for DC, you'll find more people use their motors and ditch all the soft parts and build their own subs more often than going straight factory softparts.

Handling power. I eventually plan to go to 2 10k's and want subs that can handle the power. I am currently in the early stages of phase 1 lol. A lot to do, but I am thinking about Level 6's and have done a lot of reading and watching of these subs.

Going about this the wrong way. Bigger amps and turning down the gain for now is the way to go.

J

Going about this the wrong way. Bigger amps and turning down the gain for now is the way to go.

J

x2

I agree 100% with you. I was just speaking on a futuristic level. Just seeing the prices around the forums and if the prices are good I would possibly skip ahead lol. I love my subs but if the opportunity comes to double my power for a price I can afford I just figure why not? I can tweak my system with either setup just don't want to pass up a good deal if it comes by.

J

Way past diminishing returns, much better means to the end.

I agree 100% with you. I was just speaking on a futuristic level. Just seeing the prices around the forums and if the prices are good I would possibly skip ahead lol. I love my subs but if the opportunity comes to double my power for a price I can afford I just figure why not? I can tweak my system with either setup just don't want to pass up a good deal if it comes by.

J

While I can understand your views, I am simply trying to guide you away from a disappointing path. Under powering a sub can often lead to mistakingly playing with the gain, bass boost and other things that can lead to excessive distortion and clipping. Those more often than not lets out the magic smoke, and cooks your equipment.

As Sean (M5) said, this is past diminishing returns, and there are MUCH better means to your goals.

J

More than happy to pass along what I learned and can still remember. That is why this site exists. Take everything as advice, not people being a dick.

J

No problem.

J